Reed City Police report
6/13/16 - 6/19/16
If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency call 832-3255. Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE: It is the responsibility of the home owner or tenant to maintain the grass, trees, shrubs and weeds on the boulevards located in front of their residence. When cutting your grass and trimming the curb areas please avoid having the grass clipping spraying out of the mowers into the road way potentially accumulating in the roadway and possibly plugging the drain system. Failure to comply with the city ordinance will result with an abatement notice.
- Officers continue to performed property inspections and served the appropriate abatement paperwork for those in violation of the Reed City Ordinances for grass, trash and vehicles though out the week.
- Officers assisted Osceola County with locating a vehicle that had been involved in a hit and run in Wexford County, last known to be heading south towards Reed City area. Officers located the vehicle and found the 53 year old male driver was driving while license suspended no proof of insurance on the vehicle in addition to having a warrant for his arrest out of another jurisdiction. Citations were issued for the two driving law violations. Wexford County Sheriffs Deputy picked him up at the scene and his vehicle was towed.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment complex regarding an assault complaint on a juvenile. Officers found the matter unfounded but found the 33 year old male involved to have an outstanding warrant out of another jurisdiction. He was then placed under arrest and transported and lodged in the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers were dispatched outside a local business downtown regarding a threat complaint. Officers spoke with both parties involved and advised the appropriate channels to take to solve the civil matter.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment complex to take a complaint regarding the malicious destruction of property. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers were dispatched to the Spectrum Health Reed City Campus parking lot regarding a suspicious situation. Officers found a husband and wife walking through the parking lot in a down pour of rain. The 34 year old female state she had just received treatment at the emergency room and was having difficulty walking. Officers transported them to a local gas station to wait for a family member to pick them up. Case closed.
- Officers were called to take a complaint regarding a missing bicycle. The matter is under investigation.
- While performing a traffic stop on a vehicle with an expired plate, Officers also found the 41 year old male driver did not have vehicle insurance. He was cited a civil infraction charge for the expired registration and a misdemeanor charge of no vehicle insurance. His vehicle was towed as he arranged to have someone pick him up.
- Officers were dispatched to take to local business regarding a possible stolen puppy. While out searching, the Officers were informed the puppy had been located. The matter unfounded, case closed.
- Officers were dispatched to a local Parole Office to assist with the arrest of a 35 year old male. The Parole Officers stated the individual was in violation of his probation. Officers placed him under arrest and transported him to the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers received a call regarding an animal control situation between neighbors. The caller stated the neighbor had multiple dogs who were continuously barking and growling when outside in their fenced in area. The neighbors were concerned, as they felt the dogs were vicious and what could happen should the dogs get loose. Officers issued verbal warnings to the owner of two and temporary caretaker of three of the dogs in question.