Reed City Police Reports
If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency call 832-3255. Email tips to email@example.com. Officers continue to perform property inspections and serve the appropriate abatement paperwork for those in violation of the Reed City Ordinances for tall grass, trash and vehicles throughout the week.
- Officers received a report of illegal dumping at a local business. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment complex regarding a domestic dispute. While there, the officers found the 36-year-old male to have been drinking alcohol which is a violation of his probation. He was arrested, transported and lodged in the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- While on foot patrol, officers found an unlocked door to a local business. Officers searched the building and found nothing amiss. The key holder was called to come in and lock the door.
- Officers received numerous reports of unlocked vehicles that had been ransacked and items taken. If you observed any suspicious activity you are encouraged to contact the Reed City Police Department.
- Officers received a report of a found bag with clothes in it on Stimson St. If you are missing this property call to identify it.
- Officers were called to local apartment complex regarding a missing property report. The 56-year-old female stated she was missing her purse with her cellphone and prescription medications in it.
- Officers received a report of missing prescription medication from a local apartment. The complainant stated she had a guest over the weekend and suspects the medication was taken at that time. Officers advise in the future the medications be kept out of sight and locked up.
- Officers were requested to a local residence to perform a peace officer assist while a 21-year-old female removed her items from a shared residence with her ex-boyfriend.
- Officers received a call that a dog had attempted to bite a city employee reading water meters. The employee was able to use the meter reader to avoid injury and the dog bit the meter reading device instead. There has been previous problems with this dog that was relocated outside city limits. It has been brought back into the city limits in violation of city ordinance. Further action will be taken to ensure the dog is secured properly and the matter is under investigation.
- Officers were called to a local business regarding a bad check complaint. The caller stated there were several checks written by the customer. The individual is believed to be under investigation for the same reason in other jurisdictions. Charges will be requested.
- Officers were dispatched to a local business regarding a suspicious situation. The caller was concerned as the door was open and it was evening. Officers searched the building finding nothing amiss and called the key holder to secure the door. Case closed.
- Officers were dispatched to assist the Michigan State Police. Officer assisted with scene security while Troopers performed a vehicle search.
- Officers were notified in the early evening of the door to a business being unlocked with no one around. Officers checked the building and the owner was called to respond and lock the building.
- Officers received a report of two suspicious individuals who had been turned away from the motel due to no rooms being available. The individuals were located and identified. Both individuals were left to do their laundry at the Laundromat while they awaited daylight hours before moving on.
- Officers were called to check on an individual lying face down on his apartment floor. It was determined the man was intoxicated and had fallen just prior to officers being called while moving from his motorized chair to his bed. The man was able to stand on his own power and was not injured.
- Officers received a report of a male from out of the area asking for an employee at a local business. The employee was not working at the time but did not know the individual when informed of it. The man seemed to know personal details about the employee. It was determined the information could have been obtained from Facebook. The employee was cautioned about social media security and the matter is under further investigation.
- Officers located three juveniles after curfew walking around playing Pokémon. The juveniles were returned to unhappy parents who had been lied to by the juveniles about their whereabouts. The juveniles were issued a verbal warning as officers were assured by the parents they would receive the appropriate punishment from their parents.
- Officers were dispatched to a domestic assault. The male half of the incident had left prior to officers’ arrival. When located, the 40-year-old male could face domestic assault charges.
- Officers were dispatched to a 911 hang up call. It was determined a 2-year-old had pushed the emergency dial button on the phone and there was no emergency.
- Officers were dispatched to a local residence over a civil matter. The 67-year-old mother had taken child seats she owned from her 27-year-old daughter who was attempting to move out of a family-owned house preventing the 27-year-old from leaving with her children. The daughter was able to locate other seats and left with the children.