Local police reports for July 16 to 22
July 17 to 22
- An officer was dispatched to assist the Michigan State Police on a disorderly person complaint.
- An officer took a found property report (Woman’s Huffy Bike, Teal in color). The property will be kept at the Evart Police Department for 30 days or until claimed by the owner.
- An officer was dispatched to a residence reference a Malicious Destruction of Property complaint. The suspect was arrested, transported to Osceola County Sheriff’s Department and lodged on charges.
- An officer was dispatched to a residence reference an area check of two suspicious male subjects walking around. The subjects left the area prior to the arrival of the officer.
- An officer was dispatched to a residence reference a larceny of bicycles complaint. The case remains open pending further investigation.
- An officer was dispatched to two residences reference civil disputes. The officer stood by until mutual agreements were reached by all parties involved.
- An officer was dispatched to a local business reference a complaint of retail fraud. The case remains open pending further investigation.
- An officer was dispatched to assist EMS on a medical call.
- An officer was dispatched to assist the Michigan State Police on a traffic accident outside the City.
- An officer was dispatched to a local business reference a civil dispute. The officer advised the parties to avoid contact with each other.
- An officer was dispatched to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department on a call outside the City.
- An officer was dispatched to a two car property damage accident. There were no injuries.
- An officer was dispatched to an area check of a male subject standing in the street yelling. The officer made contact with the suspect who then left the area.
- An officer was dispatched to a residence reference a civil dispute. The officer advised the parties to avoid contact with each other.
- An officer was dispatched to a complaint of lost property. The case remains open pending further investigation.
July 16 to 22
- Officers on patrol came across a semi truck that had struck a low hanging wire on Morse St near E Lincoln Ave. Power lines were down and touching the semi and ground and a small grass fire started from arcing lines. Officers assisted the Reed City Fire Department and Consumers Energy with traffic control.
- Officers were dispatched to an apartment complex for a report of two subjects smoking marijuana in a vehicle. Officers arrived on scene and spoke with the subjects and the complaint was unfounded.
- Officers were called to an apartment complex for in intoxicated and disorderly female subject. Officers arrived on scene and the female was calm. A verbal warning was issued.
- Officers served an abatement notice for a camper parked on a city street. The owner has the allotted time to correct the violation or further enforcement action will be taken.
- Officers received an alert of a possible intoxicated driver on US 131 heading north. Officers assisted the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office in locating and stopping the vehicle. The scene was then turned over to the Sheriff’s Office.
- Officers assisted the Michigan State Police with a traffic stop involving an intoxicated driver on Northland Dr.
- Officers were requested by Dispatch to check the South end of Reed City for a report of a possible funnel cloud forming. Officers checked the area and did not locate a funnel.
- Officers assisted EMS at a residence on a call where a male subject was having seizures.
- Officers located a subject in City Parking Lot A that had an outstanding warrant for contempt of court out of the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office. The subject was arrested and lodged in the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers located three subjects in a vehicle at a closed business. Officers checked the subjects who stated they had stopped to sleep for the night because they were tired from driving.
- Officers were called to an apartment complex for a young child riding his bike on the sidewalk that did not appear to be from the area. Officers arrived and the child was gone.
- Officers investigated a complaint of a Bond Conditional Release Violation. The complainant stated that the suspect had called her over 100 times and that it was in violation of his bond conditions. Officers were provided with call logs. The suspect was located and arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers responded to a complaint of a subject on a 4 wheeler riding through a trailer park. The subject was located and given a warning. Four wheelers and ATV’s are not permitted to be operated anywhere within the City Limits.
- Officers were called for a complaint of teens making obscene comments to a female walking. Officers checked the area and were not able to locate the teens.
- Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. The passenger in the vehicle gave a false name but through investigation his true identity was discovered and he had an outstanding warrant for contempt of court. The passenger was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers were called to the check the area of US 10 for a hitchhiker. Officers located the subject and identified the subject.
- Officers responded to a two vehicle property damage accident on S Chestnut St at Osceola St. There were no injuries and moderate damage. A report was completed.
- Officers were dispatched to the sidewalk in front of 108 W Upton Ave for a slip and fall. The victim stated she was walking and tripped on the sidewalk. A report was completed.
- Officers were called to a trailer park for a disorderly subject who was screaming on her porch. Upon arrival the subject was located and was not disorderly. A verbal warning was issued.
- Officers investigated a complaint of a larceny of a stamp collection. Officers made contact with possible suspects in the case. Upon making contact with the suspects the stamp collection appeared back at the complainant’s residence and she did not wish to pursue the matter any further.
- Officers were called to a business for a juvenile runaway complaint. The juvenile had gotten upset with his mother over a family trip and ran off. The juvenile’s probation officer was contacted regarding this matter and the juvenile has been entered into the Law Enforcement Information Network as a runaway. Officers checked the area and were unable to locate the juvenile.
- Officers assisted a stranded motorist on US 10 that had run out of gas.
- Officers located delinquent children on E Church St with a sling slot. The juveniles were escorted home and their parents were advised of the situation.
- Officers were requested for a peace officer standby so the complainant could retrieve his vehicle from a residence. The parties were provided with a course of action.
- Officers were called for a suspicious person walking in the ditch on Roth St. Officers arrived on scene and were unable to locate the subject.
- Officers issued an abatement notice to a resident that had an above ground pool without a fence around it. The subject was given a warning and advised to immediately correct the violation or to empty the pool.
- Officers assisted the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department in arresting a subject with an outstanding felony warrant at the Hospital. The subject was taken into custody and turned over to Osceola County without incident.
- Officers were called for a possible suicidal subject at a residence in the city. The subject was locate outside of his home and had a cut to his wrist that he inflicted by smashing a coffee cup and cutting his wrist. The cut was superficial and not life threatening. The subject was transported to the Hospital for a mental evaluation.