Local police reports Jan. 28 to Feb. 3
● An officer responded to a two-vehicle accident on North Main Street. No injuries were reported.
● Officers responded to a residence to assist the Michigan State Police with a tip regarding a breaking and entering complaint.
● An officer responded to a local business for a security alarm. The officer found the building to be secure and cleared the scene without incident.
● An officer responded to a hit and run accident at a local business. The officer made contact with the complainant and documented the damage at the location. The case is open pending contact with the driver.
● While making a traffic stop, an officer determined the driver did not possess a valid driver’s license. The individual was cited and provided a court appearance date for the misdemeanor charge.
● Officers were dispatched to a residence for a welfare check. EMS arrived on scene and transported the individual to Reed City Hospital for medical attention.
● While on patrol an officer identified an individual as having an outstanding warrant. The individual was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● An officer responded to a residence in reference to a welfare check. The individual was transported by EMS to Reed City Hospital for medical attention.
● The department received an incident report from the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department regarding a breaking and entering complaint in the City.
● Officer responded to a residence for a security alarm. The residence was found to be secure, and the officer cleared the scene.
● Officers located a suspect in a hit and run accident that occurred the previous week. The suspect was given an appearance citation and released with a court date.
● Officers were called to an apartment complex for a trespassing complaint. It was reported that a subject that had been trespassed from the complex was currently inside of one of the apartments. Officers arrived on scene and located the subject who was arrested for trespassing as well as two outstanding warrants out of Mecosta County. The subject was lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers responded to a two vehicle traffic crash at the intersection of W Upton Ave and Patterson Rd. There were no injuries and only minor damage. A report was completed.
● Officers were called to a residence for a malicious destruction of property complaint. The caller reported that her vehicle was vandalized during the night. A report was completed and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers responded to the parking lot of an apartment complex for a private property damage accident involving two vehicles. There were no injuries and only minor damage. A report was completed.
● Officers were called to the hospital to assist with a patient that had taken prescription pain relievers and was attempting to drive away. Officers arrived on scene and spoke with the subject and she decided not to drive.
● Officers were called to Heritage Place for a report of a subject breaking into vehicles. Officers arrived on scene and the suspect fled. The suspect was located and also found to be in possession of suspected marijuana. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without further incident. Officers were assisted at the scene by the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department.
● Officers assisted at a residence that was having family troubles. A report was completed and forwarded to Child Protective Services for review.
● Officers were called to a residence for an assault complaint. The complainant reported that her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend came to the house to get her belongings and assaulted her. A report was completed and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers responded to an apartment complex for a report of a possible domestic disturbance and people smoking marijuana. Officers arrived on scene and investigated the matter and the complaint was unfounded.
● Officers assisted a stranded motorist whose brakes froze up.
● Officers located a subject that had two outstanding warrants out of the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department for neglect child and contempt of court. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers were called for a parking complaint in the 100 block of E Upton Ave. Officers located the driver who had two outstanding warrants for his arrest out of the MSP Coldwater Post and the Lawton Police Department. Neither agency would pick the subject up so he was advised of the warrants and released.
● Officers responded to a vacant home that had lights on inside. It was determined that family was there getting the home ready to be listed with a realtor.
● Officers on patrol located a group of teenagers in the parking lot of a business in violation of the city curfew ordinance. The parents of the teenagers were contacted and they returned home with a warning.