Local police reports Feb. 25 to March 3
● Officers responded to a two vehicle private property traffic crash at the Reed City High School. There were no injuries and only minor damage. A report was completed.
● Officers received a tip in regards to the whereabouts of a wanted subject by the Michigan State Police. The information was passed onto the Michigan State Police and the subject was located and arrested.
● Officers investigated a possible criminal sexual conduct complaint involving a four year old victim. The matter is under investigation.
● Officers were called to City Hall for a non-sufficient funds check complaint. The suspect had written a check for a parking citation and the check was returned. Officers made contact with the subject who came to City Hall and paid with cash. No further action is being taken.
● Officers were called to the schools for a disruptive student. The student was removed from class and turned over to his parents.
● Officers received a child protective services referral in regards to a possible criminal sexual conduct. Officers have begun to interview the parties involved and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers were called to the hospital to investigate an abandoned vehicle. The vehicle was checked and it is believed that the vehicle belongs to a patient that was transferred to Grand Rapids.
● Officers located a subject at his residence that had an outstanding warrant for Contempt of Court for violation of his bond conditions. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers responded to a residence for a phone threats complaint. The victim reported being threatened and harassed over the phone by his former landlord. A report was completed and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers were called to the area of W Fifth Ave and N Sears St for a suspicious person. Officers arrived on scene and found it was an area resident walking their dog.
● Officers responded to the 400 block of W Upton Ave for a complaint of vehicles obstructing traffic and almost causing traffic accidents. Officers arrived on scene and cited and impounded both vehicles.
● Officers were called to the school for a complaint of students sending inappropriate pictures to each other via text messages. The cell phones were confiscated and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers responded to the parking lot of an apartment complex for a reported malicious destruction of a tire complaint. The complainant stated that someone had cut her tire. Officers checked the tire and determined that it was very worn and did not appear to be damage caused by a person. The complaint was unfounded.
● Officers were called to a vacant house for a report of lights being on inside of it. The house was checked and found to be secure.
● Officers assisted the Michigan State Police in arresting a subject at his residence. The subject was arrested without incident.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was determined that the driver was operating the vehicle without a license. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers were requested to assist the Michigan State Police with a possible robbery in progress at a business just outside of the city. Officers arrived on scene and found that there was no robbery and everything was ok inside the business.
● Officers assisted EMS in gaining entry into an apartment for a medical emergency.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was determined that both the driver and the passenger were under the age of 21 and were in possession of alcohol. Both subjects were given appearance citations and released at the scene.
● Officers located an open door at a business and the interior lights were on after hours. Officers checked the building and found the owner inside and everything was ok.
● Officers assisted the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with a traffic stop within the city. Once the scene was secure the officer resumed normal patrol duties.