Local police reports Feb. 17 to 24
● An officer was dispatched to a residence in reference to a disorderly subject. Upon arriving at the residence the officer located the suspect, who was subsequently arrested for disorderly conduct and transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● An officer was dispatched to a location outside of the City to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with an assault complaint.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence in reference to the larceny of a dog. The officer made contact with all parties involved and the dog was returned to the owner.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for a suspicious person complaint. The officer was unable to locate the suspicious individuals and cleared the scene.
● An officer was dispatched to a 2-vehicle accident on South Main Street. No injuries were reported.
● An officer was dispatched to a local business for a disorderly subject. The officer made contact with the individuals involved and determined the incident was a civil dispute. The officer stood by until the parties involved reached an agreement.
● While making a routine traffic stop, it was determined that the driver did not possess a valid driver’s license. The driver was issued an appearance citation for driving a vehicle without a valid operator’s license.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for an attempted suicide. The individual was treated by EMS and transported to Reed City Hospital for medical attention.
● Officers responded to US 10 near 200th Ave for a car/deer traffic crash. There were no injuries to the occupants and only minor damage. A report was completed.
● Officers were requested to respond to an alarm at a business outside of the city limits due to the County and State cars being tied up with other calls. Officers arrived on scene and the building was secure. The property owner was notified.
● Officers were requested by the School to transport a sick student home. The student was transported to his residence.
● Officers were called to a residence for computer fraud complaint. The matter is under investigation.
● Officers responded to a residence for a report of someone looking in a vehicle. As the complainant was calling 911 the suspect fled from the scene. Officers arrived on scene and checked the area and were not able to locate the subject. The complainant reported that nothing was missing from his vehicle.
● Officers were called to N Chestnut St for a report of a tire being blown out due to a large pot hole. A report was completed.
● Officers were contacted for a possible larceny complaint. The complainant reported that she had given money to a family member to set up college accounts for the grandchildren. The complainant reported that the accounts were never set up and the money was missing. The matter is under investigation.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the driver had a warrant out of Georgia; however officials in Georgia would not extradite the subject. The subject was advised of the warrant and released.
● Officers were called to a residence for a barking dog complaint. Officers arrived on scene and the dog was located. The dog owner was given a verbal warning.
● Officers were requested to do warrant attempt at a residence in the city for a subject that had an outstanding warrant out of the Mecosta County Sheriff’s Office. Officers checked the residence and the subject was not located.
● Officers responded to a residence for a possible domestic disturbance. Upon arrival it was determined that the issue was verbal only and no assault had occurred. One of the subjects involved had two outstanding warrants out of Ludington. The subject was taken into custody and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. The driver did not have his operator’s license in his possession when stopped. It was determined that the vehicle did not have insurance. The driver was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail for operating without insurance and operating without an operator’s license in his possession. Officers were contacted back by the Osceola County Jail who advised that through live scan fingerprints the true identity of the subject was revealed. The subject had multiple outstanding warrants out of numerous jurisdictions as well as a suspended operator’s license. The subject was also arrested on the warrants, driving on a suspended license and providing false information to a police officer.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was determined that the driver was operating on a suspended license and with out insurance. Officers searched the vehicle and suspect drug paraphernalia was located. The subject was lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers were called for a suspicious person pacing in the area of N Park St and W Stimson Ave. Officers arrived in the area and the subject was not located.
● Officers assisted the Michigan State Police on a traffic stop with numerous subjects in the vehicle. Officers assisted with scene security and then resumed normal patrol duties within the city.
● Officers were called to an apartment for a report of missing documents. It was determined that complainant is suffering from dementia and the complaint was unfounded.