Local police reports
● An officer executed the court-ordered pick up of two minor children from their residence.
● An officer was contacted in reference to a harassment complaint. The officer made contact with both parties, and advised them to refrain from interacting with one another.
● An officer assisted the Liquor Control Commission with an investigation at a local business regarding a complaint that alcohol was served to minors.
● An officer was dispatched to west 7th Street for a complaint of a subject rollerblading down the middle of the street. The officer made contact with the individual who was identified as having a warrant for arrest. The subject was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● An officer was dispatched to a location outside of the city to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with a motorcycle-deer accident. The officer remained on scene until EMS and Sheriff’s Deputies arrived.
● An officer responded to a residence to assist EMS with a medical call.
● An officer was dispatched to south Pine Street on a complaint that marijuana could be smelled outside of a residence. The officer made contact with the subject who presented a valid medical marijuana card.
● An officer was dispatched to the Evart Public School Bus Garage for a complaint of a disorderly subject. The officer made contact with the subject and advised them how to best handle the situation.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for a requested officer stand-by. The officer remained on-scene while an individual collected their belongings from the residence.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for a welfare check. The officer made contact with an individual and confirmed the residence was secure. The officer cleared the scene without incident.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence in reference to a disorderly juvenile. The officer made contact with the complainant and the juvenile and remained on scene until the juvenile calmed down.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence in regards to a trespassing complaint. The officer made contact with the complainant and the suspect. The officer requested the suspect to leave the residence and the suspect repeatedly refused. The suspect was arrested on charges of trespassing and obstructing police.
● While on patrol, an officer observed a subject slumped over the steering wheel of a parked vehicle. After several attempts the officer was able to wake the driver, who was found to be in possession of several prescription drugs without a valid prescription. The subject was arrested for violation of the Controlled Substance Act and transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● Officers responded to the parking lot of a business for a two vehicle private property damage accident. There were no injuries and only minor damage. A report was completed.
● Officers were called to check the well being of a tenant of an apartment complex. Officers went to the apartment and the subject was not home.
● Officers were called to the Motel for a larceny complaint. The complainant reported that items were taken from his room back in April. A report was completed and the matter is closed.
● Officers assisted the Parole Department in doing a home check on a parolee. There were no violations.
● Officers were called for an area check on US 10 for a female sitting in the ditch. Officers made contact with the subject who was changing her clothes. A warning was given.
● Officers responded to a residence for a barking dog complaint. The dog owner was given a warning.
● Officers were requested to the Hospital to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with a combative mental. Once the subject was calm and under control officers departed.
● Officers attempted to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation. Initially the vehicle would not pull over but after some distance the driver pulled into a driveway. It was discovered that the driver was highly intoxicated and was arrested for Operating While Intoxicated and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers assisted EMS at an apartment where a female had tripped over her dog and fell down the stairs.
● Officers were called to a business for a larceny of money complaint. The Manager reported a large sum of money missing from the night before. A report was completed and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers handled a walk in assault complaint. The complainant reported being assaulted at a bar in town and wished to file a report. The matter is under investigation.
● Officers served a trash abatement to a property owner in the city. The owner has the allotted time to correct the violation or further enforcement action will be taken.
● Officers located four children riding bikes in violation of curfew. The subjects were sent home with a warning.
● Officers were called to the area of S Park St for a report of a prowler. The complainant stated that someone tried to open her screen door. Officers checked the area and are doing extra patrols.
● A subject turned in a wallet that was found on N Park St. Officers are in the process of contacting the owner of the wallet.
● Officers investigated a sex offender registry violation. The subject was reported to have moved and failed to change his address. The matter is under investigation.
● Officers handled a suspicious situation call. The complainant reported that it appeared that someone had attempted to gain entry into his shed. A report was completed.
● Officers investigated a suspicious vehicle parked at a business in the city. The vehicle and occupant was checked and determined to be an employee of the business.
● Officers responded to a foreclosed home for a breaking and entering complaint. The complainant reported seeing someone leaving the home that was vacant. Officers checked the home and it appears that someone has been staying inside the home unlawfully. The matter is under investigation.
● Officers on patrol located a subject that had an outstanding warrant for Failure to Appear out of the 63rd District Court. The subject was arrested and turned over to the Cedar Springs Police Department without incident.
● Officers assisted EMS in gaining entry to an apartment where an elderly female had fallen.
● Officers on patrol observed that a transformer on US 10 was on fire and the pole snapped. The Fire Department was called to the scene and officers assisted with traffic control.
● Officers were called to a gas station for a peace officer standby. Upon arrival it was determined that a criminal sexual conduct incident had occurred between a 15 year old and an 18 year old. The initial report was initiated. Officers obtained a search warrant for the suspect’s residence and numerous pieces of evidence were taken as well as suspected marijuana and other narcotics. The suspect is in jail on unrelated charges. This incident is under further investigation and an arrest will be forthcoming.
● Officers were called to a barking dog complaint. Upon arrival no dog was heard barking. The complaint was unfounded.
● Officers responded to a residence for a report of a domestic. Upon arrival it was determined to be a verbal argument only. The parties were separated and given warnings.
● Officers were called to a barking dog complaint. The dog owner was located and given a warning. The owner of the dog also had an outstanding warrant for his arrest for Neglect Child out of the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers responded to an apartment complex for a report of a subject creating a disturbance in the hallway. Upon arrival no disturbance was found. The subject was located and given a warning about his conduct.