Local police reports
● While on patrol an officer observed open doors on a residence known to be vacant. The officer entered the building and found no trespassers. The property owner was contacted regarding the unsecured doors.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for an animal complaint. The officer was unable to locate the animal’s owner.
● While on patrol an officer observed a residence in violation of the city’s blight ordinance.The property owner was notified of the violation and given 10 days to bring the property into compliance.
● An officer responded to the Evart Middle School to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with a harassment complaint that originated outside of the city.
● An officer was dispatched to a two-vehicle accident. No injuries were reported.
● An officer was dispatched to a local business for a disorderly conduct complaint. The officer made contact with the complainant and the suspect. The suspect was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● An officer was dispatched to a one-vehicle accident. No injuries were reported.
● An officer was dispatched to a local business on a complaint of a disturbance. The officer made contact with two individuals involved in a dispute. The officer stood by until the parties reached a mutual agreement.
● An officer was dispatched to a local business in reference to a disturbance. Upon arriving on scene the officer made contact with the complainant, but was unable to locate the individuals causing the disturbance.
● An officer was dispatched to a local business to assist Osceola EMS with a medical call.
● While on patrol an officer observed a suspicious vehicle on a foot trail at Riverside Park East. The officer located two individuals responsible for the vehicle and advised them that vehicles were prohibited on the trail.
● An officer responded to a residence in reference to a complaint regarding an off-road vehicle. The driver was advised that if other complaints were received, a citation would be issued.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence regarding a domestic dispute. The officer made contact with the parties involved and stood by until the parties could reach a mutual agreement.
● Officers transported a subject to Pine Rest in Grand Rapids on a court order for hospitalization. There were no problems encountered during the transport.
● Officers assisted a stranded motorist that had ran out of gas on S Chestnut St.
● Officers were called to an apartment complex for a well being check on a child that was seen outside naked. Officers checked the apartment and spoke with the mother regarding the complaint. A warning was issued to the parents.
● Officers handled a bullying complaint at the school. The matter was resolved.
● Officers responded to a verbal domestic at a residence. No assault had occurred. The parties were separated and given warnings.
● Officers were called to a business for a larceny in progress. The property owner reported that two subjects were stealing scrap metal from his property. The suspects were located and given a trespass notice. The complainant refused to press charges on the subjects.
● Officers served two separate trash/junk abatement notices. The owners have the allotted time to correct the violations or further enforcement action will be taken.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the minor operating the vehicle was in possession of tobacco products. The minor was cited at the scene and released.
● Officers on patrol observed that the door on a vacant house had been kicked in. The property was checked and officers are in the process of contacting the property owner for follow up.
● Officers doing property checks located an open door at a business in the city. The building was searched and found to be secure. The property owner was notified.
● Officers responded to a suspicious situation call. The complainant reported that his mail was scattered up and down the road. A report was completed and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers issued a junk abatement to a property owner at a residence in the city. The property owner has the allotted time to correct the violation or further enforcement action will be taken.
● Officers responded to a barking dog complaint. The dog owner was not home at the time. The matter is being followed up on.
● Officers located a subject in the parking lot of the Courthouse that had an outstanding warrant for probation violation. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers on patrol observed subjects rummaging through a dumpster on private property. Officers identified the subjects and they were advised to vacate the property.
● Officers responded to the area of Jeffery St and S Patterson Rd for a report of possible gun shots. Officers checked the area and nothing unusual was seen or heard. The complaint was unfounded.
● Officers located a suspicious person on Pere Marquette Trail. The subject was identified and found to have an outstanding warrant for his arrest out of Kentwood Police for Contempt of Court.
● Officers responded to an alarm at a business. Upon arrival officers located an unsecured door. Officers checked the building and found it secure. The property manager was notified.
● Officers assisted the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department in obtaining a blood draw on a subject at the hospital on court order. The blood draw was accomplished without incident.
● Officers responded to a gas drive off complaint at a gas station in the city. The matter is under investigation.
● Officers assisted the Big Rapids Department of Public Safety in doing an attempt to locate at a residence in the city. The subject was not home.
● Officers were called to an apartment complex in the city for a disturbance.
Upon arrival the parties were separated. No assault had taken place. All parties were given warnings.
● Officers responded to the hospital for a prowling complaint. The complainant advised that the suspect was trying to get into vehicles in the parking lot. The suspect has been identified and the matter is under investigation.