Local police reports
● An officer was dispatched to a residence to assist the Evart Area Fire Department with a suspected structure fire.
● An officer was dispatched to the intersection of Main St. and 7th St. to assist EMS with a medical call.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence in reference to an assault complaint. The officer made contact with the complainants and the suspect; subsequently the suspect was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence regarding an assault complaint that occurred at the Evart Middle School between two minors. The officer made contact with the complainant; the case is still open pending contact with the suspect.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for a domestic violence complaint. Upon arriving on scene the officer separated the parties involved and determined an assault had occurred. One subject was arrested for domestic violence, and another was arrested for domestic violence as well as a violation of a controlled substance. Both individuals were transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● An officer responded to a civil dispute complaint regarding the location of an individual’s possessions. The officer attempted to assist the parties in resolving the matter and advised both parties that ultimately the dispute could be settled in small-claims court.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence outside of the City to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department and the Traverse Narcotics Team.
● An officer responded to a residence in reference to a telephone harassment complaint. The officer attempted to make contact with the suspect and advised the complainant that the phone company may be able to identify where the calls were originating.
● An officer was dispatched to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with a personal injury accident outside of the City.
● Officers from Flint Township recovered a handgun that was stolen from Reed City in 2006. The handgun was retrieved from a seven year old in the Flint School District. The investigation into the recovery continues.
● Officers were called to an apartment complex for a subject trespassing on the property. The subject was located and served a No Trespass Notice for the property and was released.
● Officers were called to an apartment complex for a subject acting strange in the playground area. Officers arrived on scene and located the disorderly subject. Officers attempted to arrest the subject and he resisted. Officers were able to get the subject into custody.
● Officers transported a mental subject to a mental hospital in Grand Rapids on a court order. There were no problems encountered during the transport.
● Officers responded to a two vehicle property damage accident at the intersection of W Slosson Ave and S Higbee St. There was moderate damage and no injuries. The at fault driver was cited at the scene for disregarding a stop sign.
● Officers stood by while a process server served divorce papers on a subject at the Reed City Motel.
● Officers were called for a dog running at large in the area of E Church St. The dog was captured and lodged at the Animal Control Shelter.
● Officers doing property checks located an open gate. Officers checked the property and the gate was secured.
● Officers were called to the hospital for a disorderly patient. The subject calmed down and no further action was needed.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the driver was operating without a license. The driver was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
* Officers located a vehicle driving erratically. Officers stopped the vehicle and the occupants fled the scene. It was discovered that the vehicle had been stolen. Both subjects were later located. One of the subjects who was 17 years old was arrested for unlawful driving away of an automobile and resisting an officer. The second subject who was 13 years old was turned over to his foster parents and will be petitioned into juvenile court.
* Officers were called to a business for a larceny of a bicycle complaint. Upon arrival of the officers the bike was located.
* Officers responded to an apartment complex for a report of a domestic. Officers arrived on scene and the parties were separated. No assault had occurred. The parties were given a warning.
* Officers doing property checks located an open door at a business. Officers checked the business and found it to be secure. The property owner was notified.