Local police reports
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for a welfare check. The officer made contact with the subject who was then transported by EMS to Reed City Hospital for medical treatment.
● An officer was dispatched to a possible criminal sexual conduct complaint. Over the course of the investigation, the complainant admitted to filing a false police report. The case was turned over to the Osceola County prosecutor.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for a general assist to a citizen. The complainant indicated neighborhood children were tampering with his mail; the officer made contact with the children’s mother and advised her to keep the children away from other people’s mailboxes. The case is closed
● An officer responded to a local business on a tip that a subject with a warrant for arrest was at the location. The officer verified the warrant; the subject was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● An officer assisted with K-9 searches at a nearby school district.
● An officer gave a presentation and demonstration to area school children regarding the department’s K-9 program.
● An officer assisted a citizen with found property. The property is being held at the Evart P.D. for identification.
● Officers were called to the area of E Todd Ave for a suicidal female subject. The subject was located and transported to the hospital for treatment.
● Officers responded to an apartment complex for a noise complaint. Officers arrived on scene and the music was not excessive.
● Officers were called to do a well being check on a female at the motel. The caller reported that the subject had not showed up for work. Officers attempted contact at her room at the motel with no answer. Officers forced entry to the room and found the subject unconscious. EMS was called to the scene and the subject was transported to the hospital for treatment.
● Officers responded to a private property damage accident in a city parking lot. The driver of the first vehicle backed into a parked vehicle. There was minor damage and no injuries. A report was completed.
● Officers on patrol located a dog running at large on W Franklin Ave. The dog owner was located and cited.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the driver was operating on a suspended license and had multiple warrants for her arrest. The driver was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers doing building checks found a juvenile sleeping in the bathroom of the Depot. The juvenile was 17 and stated he was homeless. The subject found friends to stay with for the night and the matter was forwarded to child protective services and the prosecutor’s office for review.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the driver was in possession of marijuana. The driver was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers were called to the school for a disruptive student. Officers arrived on scene and were able to calm the student down.
● Officers responded to a noise complaint at a trailer park in the city. Officers arrived on scene and no noise was heard.
● Officers located a subject at his residence that was wanted on an outstanding for contempt of court out of the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers were called to a residence for a larceny from a motor vehicle complaint. The complainant reported that he had a pair of pants stolen from his vehicle that contained money and a hunting knife. A report was completed and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers assisted Adult Protective Services at a residence in the city. Items of value were placed in safe keeping at the police department pending disposition from Probate Court.
● Officers were called to the motel for a subject being disorderly and smashing out windows. Officers arrived on scene and found an intoxicated subject covered in blood. The subject was transported to the hospital via EMS for treatment and then arrested for disorderly conduct. Another subject was arrested at the scene for being in violation of his parole conditions for being intoxicated. Both subjects were lodged at the Osceola County Jail.
● Officers assisted Child Protective Services with doing a home inspection. The matter is under investigation.