Local police reports
- Officers responded to a local business for a report of a shoplifter. A 28 year old male was arrested for shoplifting and lodged at the Osceola County Jail pending appearance in court.
- Officers were called to a local business in reference to a larceny. The matter is still under investigation.
- Officers were called to a local business in reference to a disorderly male. A 40 yr old male was taken into custody for disorderly conduct and lodged at the Osceola County Jail pending appearance in court.
- Officers were requested to assist school staff with an upset family member. Officers stood by with no further problems arising from the situation.
- Officers were called to the Reed City Motel in reference to a child custody matter. Individuals were advised on a proper course of action.
- Officers responded to a 2 car accident at the intersection of S Chestnut and Church St. Vehicles had minor damage and no injuries were reported.
- Officers responded to a complaint of harassment at a local apartment complex. Contact was made with individuals and a warning was issued.
- Officers were called to a local business in reference to a complaint about snow removal. The matter was turned over to the DPW.
- Officers made contact with a suspicious individual at a local residence believed to be vacant. It was determined it was the new owner of the residence.
- Officers responded to a local laundromat in reference to the larceny of clothing. Officers are reviewing video and the matter is still under investigation.
- Officers were dispatched to a residence in reference to unwanted phone calls. Officers attempted contact with the suspect phone number but it was found to no longer be in service.
- Officerswere called to W Franklin St. in reference to a dog at large. Officers checked the area but were unable to locate the dog.
- Officers were dispatched to a local apartment complex in reference to an alarm. Upon arrival officer located an open door. The door was secured and the property manager was notified.
- Officers were dispatched to an apartment complex in reference to a possible fight in progress. Upon arrival contact was made with the occupants of the apartment. It was determined that the individuals were playing a video game with great vigor, fell, and broke a headboard. A warning was issued for noise.