Local Police Reports Dec. 21 to Jan. 06
● Officers were called to the intersection of Old US 131 and 210th Ave to terminate an injured deer that had been struck by a car.
● Officers assisted a funeral home with providing traffic control for a funeral procession.
● Officers assisted EMS at the Motel with a subject that was having difficulty breathing.
● Officers responded to a residence for a civil family matter. The father called because his daughter was refusing to listen to him. Officers provided a course of action and the matter is closed.
● Officers were called to a residence for an out of control five-year old. Officers provided a course of action and child protective services was contacted.
● Officers responded to the Reed City High School for a fire. School officials observed smoke in the gym area on remotely monitored security cameras. Officers responded to the scene with the Reed City Fire Department, Lincoln Township Fire Department and the Hersey Fire Department. There was no one in the school at the time of the fire. Earlier in the day a contracted company was refinishing the gym floors. The fire appears to have started in a janitor closet near the gym. The fire appears to be accidental with no foul play being involved. The State Fire Marshall attempting to determine the exact cause of the fire.
● Officers were called to the area of S Chestnut St for a report of an injured female that was bleeding and appeared to have been assaulted. The injured female learned that the police were on the way to the scene and she fled the area in a vehicle. The complaint is unfounded at this time.
● Officers responded to a bar downtown for a report of subjects fighting. Upon arrival no disorderly conduct was observed and the parties had separated and were leaving. Numerous subjects were identified and refused to give a statement or press charges.
● Officers were called to a residence for a suicidal subject. Upon arrival the subject was determined to be intoxicated and was suicidal. The subject was transported to the hospital to be evaluated.
● Officers responded to the parking lot of a business for a single vehicle private property traffic crash. There were no injuries and only minor damage. A report was completed.
● Officers were called to an apartment complex for a juvenile complaint. The complainant reported that he was on Rails to Trails when a couple juveniles began to yell and swear at him. The area was checked and a report was completed.
● Officers responded to an apartment complex for a hit and run traffic crash. A possible suspect has been identified and the matter is under investigation.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was determined that the driver was operating the vehicle without insurance and a passenger in the vehicle had an outstanding warrant for his arrest out of Inkster for failure to appear. The driver was given an appearance citation at the scene and released. The passenger was also released as Inkster Police would not pickup on their warrant.
n Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that one of the occupants of the vehicle had a warrant for his arrest out of Grand Traverse County. The subject was released as Grand Traverse County would not pickup on their warrant.
● Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the driver was operating the vehicle without insurance. Officers attempted to arrest the driver and she became combative and was resisting officers. Officers were able to get the driver in custody and she was lodged at the Osceola County Jail on the charges of Resisting an Officer and Operating without surety on a motor vehicle.
● Officers responded to a two vehicle traffic crash at the intersection of N Patterson Rd and W Franklin Ave. There were no injuries and moderate damage. The at fault driver was cited for failing to stop within a safe and assured clear distance. A report was completed.
● Officers were called to the parking lot of a business for a two vehicle private property traffic crash. Officers arrived on scene and there were no injuries and only minor damage. A report was completed.
n Officers located a female subject in the parking lot of a business that had an outstanding felony warrant out of Marquette County for Illegal Use of Credit Cards. The subject was arrested and lodged in the Osceola County Jail without incident.
● Officers issued a vehicle abatement to the registered owner of a vehicle that was parked on the property and unregistered. The owner has the allotted time to correct the violation or further enforcement action will be taken.
● Officers responded to a car/deer traffic crash on 220th Ave near Three Mile Rd. There were no injuries to the occupants of the vehicle. A report was completed.
n Officers were requested by the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department to attempt to locate a subject at his residence in Reed City. Officers checked the residence and the subject was not there.
● Officers were called to a residence for a suspicious situation complaint. The complainant reported that she came home and her lights were on and her door was open. Officers checked the residence and found nothing out of place. It was determined that the complainant’s son failed to turn the lights off and lock the door when he left.
● An officer was dispatched to a local business reference a breaking and entering complaint. The case is still open pending further investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call the Evart Police Department at (231) 734-5911.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence reference a civil dispute. The officer made contact with the complainant. Osceola EMS was contacted to transport the complainant to Reed City Hospital for medical attention. It was determined the incident occurred outside of the city limits; the case was turned over to the Michigan State Police.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence regarding a personal protection order violation. The case was turned over to Circuit Court.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence for a malicious destruction of property complaint. The officer made contact with the suspect who was subsequently arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail.
● An officer was dispatched to a residence reference a noise complaint.