Local Police Reports — April 19, 2017
REED CITYPOLICE DEPARTMENT
April 10 to April 16
If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency call 832-3255. Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Officers were dispatched to local business regarding the activation of the Hold-up alarm. Officers found an employee had accidentally set the alarm off.
- Officers assisted the Mecosta County Sheriff's Office with the arrest of a 29-year-old male on outstanding warrants.
- Officers responded to local apartment to assist EMS as they were called to examine a small child who had bumped her head while the mother was away and in the care of a sibling. Contact was made with the mother.
- Officers responded to a breaking-and-entering complaint at a local business. Michigan State Police assisted at the scene with the gathering of evidence. The matter is under investigation.
- While on patrol, officers found signs stapled to telephone poles around town. Officers removed the signs and called the number on them and issued a verbal warning regarding the Reed City city ordinance on posting signs.
- Officers were requested to assist the Michigan State Police at a traffic stop. Officers assisted with scene security as the MSP trooper searched the vehicle and the occupants.
- A 44-year-old female reported lost property and requested assistance in locating it. She had left the items on her vehicle and drove away losing the items in the process. While searching, a passerby had retrieved the items and turned them over to the officer.
- Officers were requested to assist with returning personal property to a local resident.
- Officers were dispatched to local residence regarding a suspicious situation. The 911 caller reported seeing juvenile removing things from the shed and believed no one was home in the house. Officers questioned the juvenile who told him he was in the process of moving back into the residence. Case closed.
- Officers were dispatched to local business regarding a suspicious situation. The complaint explained that a man was sitting on the ground near the building entrance eating his meal he purchased inside. He went on to explain it was making his customers and staff uncomfortable. Officers explained the situation to the 36-year-old male, who apologized and left the scene.
- Officers were dispatched to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office regarding a larceny complaint. The family explained they have an ongoing problem with a young juvenile stealing money from family members.
- Officers spoke with the girl who admitted to stealing. The matter will be turned over to Osceola County Probate Court.
- Officers arrested a 46-year-old male for driving while under the influence of liquor or alcohol. He was transported and lodged in the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment parking lot regarding a two vehicle accident. Officers filed a personal property damage report with no injuries reported.
- Officers were dispatched to local residence in the middle of the night, regarding a loud music complaint. Officers spoke the neighbor who had been playing the loud music and issued a warning regarding the city ordinance on loud music.
- Officers arrested a 40-year-old female for Driving while license suspended and the improper use of a registration plate and no insurance. She was then transported to the Osceola County Jail where she was lodged without incident and the vehicle towed.