Local Police Reports
Officers were called to a business for a counterfeit money complaint. The suspect had paid for items with a fake twenty dollar bill. The suspect has been identified and the matter is under investigation.
- Officers responded to the parking lot of a business for a report of found drugs. A customer at the business had found what appeared to be a marijuana cigarette in the parking lot. Officers took possession of the drugs and the matter is under investigation.
- Officers assisted the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with a report of a domestic disturbance at a business just outside of the city. Once the scene was secure the officer resumed normal patrol duties within the city.
- Officers responded to the Pere Marquette Trail for a report of a suicidal subject. Officers checked the area and it was determined that the subject had walked to the hospital for help.
- Officers were called to a residence for a threats complaint. The information was taken and the complainant did not wish to pursue charges at this time.
- Officers responded to a business for a security alarm. Officers arrived on scene and found the building to be secure. The property owner was notified.
- Officers on patrol located a subject at his residence that had an outstanding warrant for disorderly conduct. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the driver had an outstanding warrant out of the Detroit Police Department; however Detroit would not pick the subject up. The subject was advised of the warrant and released.
- Officers responded to the parking lot of an apartment complex for a breaking and entering into a vehicle complaint. Through investigation the complaint was determined to be unfounded.
- Officers assisted the Michigan State Police with attempting to locate a registered sex offender at a residence in the city. It was determined that the subject was no longer living at the residence he was registered to and charges are pending.
- Officers responded to a residence for an alarm. Upon arrival it was determined that it was possible that someone had entered the home. Officers checked the residence and searched the area for possible suspects. The key holder was notified of the matter.
- Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the driver was operating the vehicle while intoxicated and was also in possession of prescription medication without a valid prescription. The subject was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers issued a grass abatement notice to a resident in the city. The property owner has the allotted time to correct the violation or further enforcement action will be taken.
- Officers were called to an apartment complex for a larceny of a bicycle complaint. It was discovered that the bike was not stolen and a relative had borrowed it. The matter was unfounded.