Local Police Reports
- An officer was dispatched to investigate a residential noise complaint. The officer determined the noise was coming from a fire alarm. The officer had the fire department respond and it was determined the alarm was malfunctioning.
- An officer was dispatched to investigate a two vehicle private property damage accident.
- An officer was dispatched to a residential noise complaint. The officer responded to the residence but the suspects had already left.
- An officer was advised of a subject with a valid warrant. The officer located the subject and took him into custody.
- While on patrol an officer located a vehicle that was parked in a manner which caused a traffic hazard. The officer attempted to contact the driver at the residence where the vehicle was left. The officer was unable to make contact anyone and the vehicle was towed.
- An officer was dispatched to a well being check on a suicidal subject. The officer made contact with the subject and determined an evaluation was needed. The officer transported the subject to the hospital in Reed City.
- Officers going off duty in the parking lot of the Police Department heard a women screaming for help. Officers observed an elderly female lying in the snow next to her mailbox in the below zero weather. Officers ran to the female’s assistance and helped her get up and inside her home. No medical attention was needed and she was left in the care of family members.
- Officers handled a single vehicle private property damage accident at the High School. There were no injuries and only minor damage. A report was completed.
- Officers responded to a road run off on north Chestnut St. Officers pushed the vehicle free from the snow bank.
- Officers were called to an apartment complex for a report of a marijuana smell coming from inside an apartment. The complaint was unfounded.
- Officers assisted School Officials with a cell phone that had inappropriate images on the phone that was confiscated from a first grader. The child’s parents were contacted and the matter is being handled by the school and the parents of the child.
- Officers arrested a subject that was reporting at the Probation Office for an outstanding warrant for illegal transport of medical marijuana. The subject was lodged in the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers responded to an apartment complex for a harassment complaint. The complainant reported that a friend told her that another person was making threats about her. The complaint was unfounded.
- Officers on patrol at the High School located a vehicle with one of the doors standing open. The owner of the vehicle was located and nothing was missing from inside the vehicle.
- Officers handled a credit card fraud complaint. The complainant reported two unauthorized transactions on his card. An investigation was initiated.
- Officers attempted to locate a subject for Tawas Police Department. The subject was not located.
- Officers responded to an alarm at a business in the city. Upon arrival everything was determined to be fine and the alarm was unfounded.
- Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was determined that the driver was operating the vehicle with an improper license plate and without vehicle insurance. The driver was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers impounded an abandoned vehicle that was a traffic hazard.
- Officers responded to a gas station for a gas drive off complaint. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers were called to an apartment complex for a noise complaint. Officers made contact with the subject and a warning was issued.
- Officers were requested to assist the Michigan State Police with a single vehicle traffic crash with unknown injuries on Northland Dr at 1 Mile Rd.
- Officers stopped a vehicle for a traffic violation. It was discovered that the driver was operating on a suspended license. The driver was arrested and lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers were requested to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with a traffic stop in US 10 where the driver was being arrested for operating while intoxicated.
- Officers responded to an apartment complex for a well being check on a possibly suicidal female. The subject was found to be OK and not suicidal.