LOCAL POLICE REPORTS — March 1, 2017
Evart Police Department
Feb. 20 to Feb. 26
- Officers were called to a local business to retrieve a found bicycle.
- Officers were dispatched to two-vehicle accident. No injuries were reported.
- Officers were dispatched to a threats complaint. The case remains open at this time.
- Officers were called to a threats complaint between two neighbors. The case remains open at this time.
- Officers were dispatched to a suspicious situation The area was found to be secure.
- Officers were called to a domestic disturbance. One subject was escorted to Spectrum Health Reed City Hospital for evaluation.
REED CITYPOLICE DEPARTMENT
Feb. 20 to Feb. 26
If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency call 832-3255. Email tips to email@example.com.
Officers continue to perform property inspections and serve the appropriate abatement paperwork for those in violation of city ordinances including trash and vehicles. Please be aware the winter parking ordinances will run until April 1. Officers will continue to enforce the Parking Violations Bureau policy in which no vehicle shall be parked on a city street between the hours of 2:30 to 6 a.m. Any and all vehicles in violation will be cited and or towed, snow or no snow.
- The School Liaison Officer has been diligently keeping track of several at-risk students regarding their attendance. Keeping in contact with school staff and the parents and submitting petitions for truancy request as required.
- Officers received a complaint regarding the receiving and sending of inappropriate text messages among juveniles. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers were dispatched to assist the Osceola County Sheriff's Office with scene security while the deputy completed his investigation at a traffic stop.
- Officers responded to a 911 call at a local government building. When they arrived an employee explained it was a miss dial on a fax machine and everything was OK there.
- Officers were requested to speak with a juvenile about stealing and its consequences.
- Officers issued an appearance citation to a 27-year-old male for driving with an expired plate and no vehicle insurance. The man walked home as his vehicle was towed.
- Officers received a cyber bulling complaint that involved four juvenile girls. Officers reviewed the messages between all of them and found that they all had been sending inappropriate and foul messages. Since all had taken part in the behavior there was no victim. They were advised to stop communication with each other.
- While on foot patrol, officers found an open case of beer with seven unopened cans inside. Finding no one around to claim the beer officers destroyed them.
- Officers were dispatched to local residence regarding a larceny. The homeowner reported several items taken from an entry way. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers took a report of damage to a vehicle.
- Officers were dispatched to a local business regarding an alarm activation. While checking the area, the alarm company reported it was a false alarm.
- Officers were dispatched to local residence regarding a dispute between the landlord and tenant. Officers explained that the situation was a civil matter and advised the proper steps to follow.
- Officers were called to local business and receive a report of a suspicious situation regarding an unknown male’s aggressively requesting a date with another customer. Officers kept a watch over the area hoping to speak to the male but were unable to locate anyone matching the description given.
- Officers received information from Meceola Central Dispatch regarding a 25-year-old male who held a criminal bench warrant for contempt out of the 77th District Court out of Reed City. He had been picked up in a neighboring city on a traffic stop. Officers met with the Cadillac city police officer to collect the man and transported him to the Osceola County Jail, where he was lodged without incident.
- Officers were dispatched to perform an area check in search of an intoxicated male. Officers located the 49-year-old male and found he was in violation of his probation regarding the consumption of alcohol. He was placed under arrest, then transported and lodged in the Osceola County Jail without incident.