LOCAL POLICE REPORTS — Jan. 18, 2017
REED CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT
Jan. 9 to Jan. 15
If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency, call 832-3255. Email tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Officers received information regarding a possible check fraud situation between an elderly man and the previous payee of his finances. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers responded to a car/deer accident. No injuries were reported.
- Officers received information regarding a suspicious situation at an abandoned house in town. The caller thought someone may be squatting in the empty house. Officers searched the house that was indeed empty and unlocked, but found no one there at that time.
- Officers were requested respond to a local residence regarding a possible criminal sexual conduct allegation involving a teenage victim. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment regarding a verbal domestic situation. The male was looking for assistance with keeping his female partner away from him as she was intoxicated and was continuously upsetting him. The man left the apartment at the suggestion of the officer to stay away until she calmed down. Officers cleared.
- Officers were requested to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department with scene security as they made an arrest while on a traffic stop. Once the individual was in custody, officers cleared.
- Officers went to the residence of a 31-year-old female who held a warrant for contempt of court out of 77th District Court of Big Rapids. She was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail where she was lodged without incident.
- While on a traffic stop, officers issued an appearance citation to the 24-year-old male driver for operating a commercial vehicle without a chauffeur’s license, improper plate and a citation for not having a medical card. In addition he was issued a verbal warning for no proof of insurance. The improper plate was seized and his vehicle towed. A warrant request was submitted.
- Officers arrested a 39-year-old female who held a criminal bench warrant for contempt of court. She was transported and lodged in the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers responded to local residence regarding a possible suicide situation. A mother and son had been in a verbal argument and the son was experiencing distress. The son was transported to the hospital for voluntary evaluation.
Officers were dispatched to a complaint of a larceny from a building. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers were notified of two males fighting in the parking lot of a local apartment complex. Officers arrived with backup from the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department and found no one in the parking lot. Officers spoke to a few tenants that came out and no one knew of any fight. Officers performed a walk through of each building and were on scene but no one came forward with information. Officers cleared.
- Officers were notified of the location of a 21-year-old male who held a warrant for his arrest for an assault. Officers went to the address supplied by the caller and knocked repeatedly on the front and back doors. Although a television could be heard inside the house, no one would answer the door. Officers cleared.