Forensic pathologist: Murder victims shot multiple times in the headREED CITY — Expert witnesses testified Thursday about their roles in investigating the shooting deaths of Gabrielle Woodworth and Donald C. Feneis. Thursday marked the second trial day for Harrison resident Blake Hullihen, who is charged with two counts of open murder and two counts of felony firearm possession. He is accused of killing Woodworth and Feneis on Dec. 7, 2011, in the parking lot of Chuck’s Corners Citgo Convenience Store in Marion. Both Woodworth and Feneis died of gunshot wounds that caused injury to their internal organs, but contrary to the testimony of an eyewitness on Wednesday, Woodworth was not run over by a vehicle, said forensic pathologist Dr. David Start. Start, employed at Spectrum Health’s Blodgett campus in Grand Rapids, performed autopsies on the couple the day after they were shot. Both victims suffered “multiple, obvious gunshot wounds,” he said. Feneis was shot 12 times, sustaining three shots to the head, two in the right forearm, one in the right wrist, three in the torso and two in the left shoulder. Many of the shots entered Feneis from the back and exited the front. The head-shots appeared to show the shooter standing over Feneis, Start said, who likely had been laying on the ground. Defense attorney Dennis DuVall objected to the statement, calling it speculative. Start was barred from making further statements about of the victims’ wounds. Woodworth did not have any broken bones or contusions consistent with being run over by a vehicle, Start said. She suffered eight gunshot wounds – four in the head, three in the torso and one that grazed her ear. Thursday’s testimony also came from four witnesses from the Michigan State Police, three of whom were expert witnesses from the crime lab in Grand Rapids. Sgt. Doug Rosler testified to a forensic diagram of the crime lab he created on the night of the shootings. Using a digital mapping system, Rosler and another created a scale diagram of the crime scene, including pinpoints where evidence objects were located, landmarks and features of the gas station and parking lot, and relative distances between evidence and such landmarks. Det. Sgt. Jason Sinke, a latent fingerprint examiner, spoke about 20 different pieces of evidence collected at the scene, such as an empty handgun magazine, bullets and bullet fragments. However, because the Osceola County Prosecutor’s Office failed to provide DuVall with an accurate exhibit list including the fragments prior to the trial, Judge Scott Hill-Kennedy ruled that the fragments would not be admitted into evidence. All bullet cartridges recovered from the scene were fired from a handgun that was recovered by MSP Det. Sgt. George Pratt, according to Det. Sgt. Russell Karsten, a firearm and tool mark expert who examined the spent cartridges and handgun. The handgun has not yet been linked to Hullihen through testimony. Proceedings will resume at 9 a.m. today in Osceola County’s 49th Circuit Court.