OSCEOLA COUNTY — Halloween is right around the corner, and trick-or-treaters of all ages will be filling the streets of area communities, hoping to fill their pillow cases, bags and buckets with sweet treats on Friday, Oct. 31.
- In Evart, the free annual Monster Mash event will take over Main Street. From 5 to 7 p.m., trick-or-treaters dressed in costumes and masks can enjoy music, games and prizes while snagging candy from a multitude of local organizations and vendors.
- Community-wide Trunk or Treat in Hersey will take place from 5:30 to 7 p.m. or until candy runs out. All residents who are passing out candy are welcome to park their vehicles downtown between 4:45 and 5:15 p.m.
- LeRoy will host trick-or-treating from 5 to 8 p.m. throughout the village. In addition, the Evangelical Covenant Church will offer a Trunk or Treat event starting at 6 p.m.
- Trick-or-treating for Marion residents will take place from 5 to 8 p.m.
- Reed City will host trick-or-treating from 5 to 7 p.m. throughout its streets. Also, a trunk-or-treat event will take place from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the parking lot of the middle/high school behind the cafeteria before the Reed City High School football game against Newaygo.
- In Tustin, trick-or-treating will take place throughout the village from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Village churches will host a Trunk or Treat event during the same hours.