Small fire at Reed City High School causes minor damage
REED CITY — A small fire at Reed City High School Thursday morning led to the building being evacuated.
According to the school's official Facebook page, there was a fire in a ceiling light fixture at the Reed City High School cafeteria. The building was evacuated while the fire was put out and the fire department was called. There were no injuries.
School was not canceled, but as a result of the fire, the high school cafeteria was closed while the light fixtures were removed.
In a follow-up comment on the original post, school officials said a scissor-lift hoist was used to inspect the light fixtures and wiring in the high ceiling of the cafeteria where the small fire occurred.