Red Cross offers classes in February
MECOSTA COUNTY – The American Red Cross in Mecosta and Osceola counties is offering several health and safety classes beginning this week.
The First Aid and CPR/AED courses teach people how to perform CPR and use an Automated External Defibrillator, what to do if someone is choking and how to prevent and respond to other emergencies until advanced medical help arrives. Course participants also learn how to control bleeding and care for seizures and other sudden illnesses.
Scholarships are available to cover 80 percent of the course fee. All classes are held at the Mecosta-Osceola chapter, located at 218 S. Warren St. in Big Rapids. Call (231) 796-6562 for more information on classes or scholarships.
● Wednesday – 9 a.m. to noon, adult CPR/AED;
● Wednesday – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., adult CPR/AED and First Aid;
● Feb. 14 – 6 to 8:30 p.m., CPR/AED for professional rescuers and healthcare providers blended learning;
● Feb. 20 – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., CPR/AED for professional rescuers and healthcare providers;
● Feb. 20 – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., CPR/AED for professional rescuers and healthcare providers with First Aid;
● Feb. 26 – 6 to 9 p.m., adult and pediatric CPR/AED review; and
● Feb. 26 – 6 to 10:30 p.m., adult and pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED review.