RCHS announces 2015 senior scholars
REED CITY — As the class of 2015 nears its graduation date, seniors prepare to take the next step of their lives.
The senior scholars from Reed City High School were recently introduced to the community.
- Natalie Baughan — Natalie is the daughter of Julie Garner and Timothy Baughan. She participates in varsity soccer, student council, National Honor Society, is the captain of the school dance team and is vice-president of her class. She also takes dance classes at Rhythmic Sky Dance Studio. Next year, she plans to attend the University of Michigan to study bio-medical engineering.
- Lindsey Greer — Lindsey is the daughter of Troy and Brenda Greer. She is a senior class officer, yearbook editor and varsity softball team captain. She also has been involved in junior varsity basketball, cross country, National Honor Society and student council. She plans to attend Muskegon Community College for two years to play softball and receive and associate's degree, then transfer to a university.
- Lily Heald — Lily is the daughter of Heather and Terry Heald. She has been involved in student council as class president and served as president of the National Honor Society. She was on the school equestrian team, junior varsity and varsity basketball and volleyball and varsity track. Her future plans include attending Grand Valley State University for her bachelor's of science degree in nursing, then continuing on to become a pediatric anesthetist nurse.
- Alexis Johnson — Alexis is the daughter of Patrick and Tiffanie Johnson. She has been involved in track, volleyball, National Honor Society and was the editor of the yearbook. After high school, she plans to attend Calvin College for a dual major in political science and psychology.
- Elizabeth Kinsey — Elizabeth, known to friends as Marie, is the daughter of Richard and Anne Kinsey. During her high school career, she participated in Quiz Bowl for three years, earned two varsity letters for cross country and four varsity letters for track and field. She plans on attending Ferris State University in the fall to pursue a career in forensic pathology.
- Nate Mora — Nate is the son of Amador and Teresa Mora. He is actively involved as student council president, varsity Quiz Bowl captain, a member of the National Honor Society and a member of the Crossroads Theatre Guild. He also enjoys spending time at his weekly youth group. He plans to attend Central Michigan University and dual major in English and history education as part of CMU's honor program.
- Hannah Neahr — Hannah is the daughter of Lori and John Neahr. She has been an active member of the National Honor Society for two years and is a three-year member of the Quiz Bowl team and former team captain. After graduation, she plans to study dental hygiene at Ferris State University on a full tuition scholarship, and later plans to attend the University of Michigan to study dentistry and specialize in orthodontics.