Quilt Show winners announced
REED CITY — The annual Quilt Show at the Great American Crossroads Celebration draws sewers of all ages with colorful quilts of all patterns and designs.
As visitors perused the quilts at the show on Aug. 17 and 18, they voted for their favorite quilts in each category as well as one item for the overall best of show. After the show ended, winners of each category were announced.
This year, winners are as follows:
- Best of Show- Nancy Sage, of Big Rapids, with her “Quilt of Hope” tied with Phyllis Jacobs, of Big Rapids, with her “Color Play;”
- King/Queen Category- Phyllis Jacobs with “Mother Knows Best;”
- Full/Twin Category- Phyllis Jacobs with “Color Play;”
- Crib/Wall/Lap Category-Elaine Engel with “Primitive Garden;”
- Clothing/Bag/Tablerunner- Deb Sweet, of Reed City, with “Christmas Candy;”
- Youth Category- Kathryn Keller, 8, of Reed City, with “Pansies in my Window;”
- Machine Quilted Category- Sonia Peters, of Reed City, with “Tea Roses;”
- Handquilted Category- Karen Bluhm, of Reed City, with “White Wholecloth.”