“Pop-up chef” series at Blue Cow raises money for local charities
BIG RAPIDS — Beginning Monday, Blue Cow Cafe will open its doors on Monday nights to raise money for local charities.
For the next six weeks, the restaurant will host a series of “pop-up chefs” who will prepare a dish of their choice. Each pop-up chef is a member of the Mecosta County community. A portion of the proceeds generated by the pop-up chef’s meal that night will be donated to a charity of the chef’s choice.
The schedule for the pop-up chef series, beginning at 5 p.m. each Monday, is as follows:
- May 14: Sylvia Edwards raising money for Options, Pregnancy Resource Center
- May 21: Carlleen Rose raising money for the Big Rapids Dog Park
- June 4: Joni Thompson raising money for Angels of Action
- June 11: Chris Kesting raising money for Helen Devos Children's Hospital Foundation
- June 25: Gretchen Overbeek raising money for the Pere Marquette Watershed foundation.
- June 2: Darrell Marvel, charity to be announced
For more information on pop-up chef nights, call the Blue Cow at (231) 796-0100.