Osceola community events calendar
OSCEOLA COUNTY -- The following is a list of community events happening in and around the area. If you have an event you would like posted on the calendar, or if any information is incorrect, contact firstname.lastname@example.org:
• The Osceola County Board of Commissioners will meet at 9:30 a.m., Sept. 1. The meeting will be virtual due to COVID-19 restrictions on indoor gatherings. For information on how to participate in the meeting visit Osceola-county.org or call (231) 832-3261.
• The Evart Car Club's annual cruise to Eight Point Lake will be on Fri., Sept 4. They will meet at the airport at 4 p.m., with departure around 5 p.m. This event is open to anyone interested. The Evart Car Club will meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month, Sept 8. For more information visit evartcarclub.com, or email email@example.com.
• Clark the Juggler will perform at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., and noon, Sept. 5, at the Evart Farmers' Market held at the Evart Depot, 200 S. Main St., Evart. Set to a dynamic soundtrack, the show incorporates juggling, daring stunts, flow arts and more to create an experience beyond the ordinary. The Evart Farmers' Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., every Saturday until October.
• The Reed City planning commission will meet virtually at 7 p.m., Sept. 7. For information on how to participate in the virtual meeting visit reedcity.org or call (231) 832-2245.
• The Evart Downtown Development Authority will meet at 8 a.m., Tuesday, Sept. 8. For information on how to participate in the meeting visit evart.org or call 213-734-0185.
• The Evart city council will meet at 7:30 p.m., Sept. 8, at the Riverside East Park pavilion, 8349 6 Mile Rd, Evart. Face coverings and social distancing will be required. For more information, or notice of a change in venue, visit evart.org or call (231) 734-2181.
• The Evart planning commission will host a public hearing to discuss a variance application for Evart Industrial Properties, LLC., at 7:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 11, at Riverside East Park pavilion, 8349 6 Mile Rd., Evart. Face coverings and social distancing will be required. For more information, or notice of change in venue, call (231) 734-2181 or visit evart.org.
• The Central Michigan District Health Department will be hosting their 11th Annual HIV/AIDS 5K Rainbow Walk/Run between Saturday, Sept.12 and Sunday, Sept. 20. Registration ends on Saturday, Sept. 5.The event will be held virtually. All proceeds from registrations and donations will go toward helping those living with HIV/AIDS within the Central Michigan area. This fun virtual run is open to people of all ages and ability levels. For more information or to register for the event, please visit: runsignup.com/Race/MI/MountPleasant/11thAnnualCentralMichiganHIVAIDS5kRainbowRunWalk.
• The Reed City Farmers' Market is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., every Saturday through October, in the parking lot of Pompeii's Pizza at 115 S. Chestnut Street.
• The Evart Splashpad is opened from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Health safety guidelines are being implemented, and capacity is set at 50 visitors. For information call (231) 734-2181.