Osceola County community events calendar
OSCEOLA COUNTY — The following is a list of community events happening in and around the area. If you have an event you would like posted on the calendar, or if any information is incorrect, contact email@example.com:
• Due to the recent order put in place by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services all Evart City Offices will be closed until further notice, and will not reopen prior to Dec. 8. All city staff will remain available during regular office hours. Call 231-734-2181 for questions or concerns, Monday through Thursday, 7 am to 5 pm. Call City Manager, Sarah Dvoracek anytime for non-emergency questions at 231-580-6516.
• Osceola County Courts will be open by appointment only, effective Tuesday, Nov. 17. To schedule an appointment, please contact the court as follows: 18th Probate Court District and 49th Circuit - Family Division: (231) 832-6124; 49th Circuit Court: (231) 592-0780; 77th District Court: (231) 832-6155. Court hearings will be conducted via Zoom videoconferencing with few exceptions until further notice.
Unrepresented individuals are encouraged to submit filings via email, fax, or regular mail and forego entering the building whenever possible. Attorneys must submit filings or billings via email, fax or regular mail. Further, court appointed attorneys may only meet with court appointed clients via Zoom or another platform. If you must meet in person, we ask you to follow the appropriate social distancing guidelines, frequent hand washing, and wearing a mask.
• Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases the Osceola County Courthouse will be open by appointment only. Visitors should enter through the main entrance on Upton Street. Phone numbers for each department are listed in the Department Directory
• The Reed City winter parking ban is in effect from now until April 1, 2021. Parking is prohibited on city streets between 2:30 and 6 a.m. A $30 fine will be issued for violations of the parking ban. For questions call 231-832-2245.
• The Evart winter parking ban is in effect from now until April 1, 2021. Parking is prohibited on city streets from 2 to 6 a.m. for snow removal. For questions call 231-734-2181.
• The Osceola County Board of Commissioners will meet virtually at 9:30 a.m., Nov. 17. For information on how to access the virtual meeting, visit osceola-county.org or call 231-832-3261.
• The Reed City city council will meet virtually at 7 p.m., Nov. 23. For information on how to access the virtual meeting, visit reedcity.org or call 231-832-2245.
• The Evart planning commission will meet virtually at 5:30 p.m., Nov. 23. For information on how to access the virtual meeting visit evart.org or call 231-250-1432.
• The Reed City Pantry will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesdays, during the months of November and December. Turkey will be available Nov. 17 on a first-come, first-served basis. For questions, call 231-215-6996.