Osceola County community events calendar
OSCEOLA COUNTY -- The following is a list of community events happening in and around the area. If you have an event you would like posted on the calendar, or if any information is incorrect, contact email@example.com:
• The Evart Area Fire Board will host a public hearing on the Fire Department Millage proposal at 7 p.m., Oct. 21, at the Evart Department Fire Hall, 109 E. Sixth St., Evart. For more information call (231) 734-5521.
• Girl Scouts of America will host a virtual recruitment meeting for girls in Mecosta and Osceola County interested in joining GSA from 6:30 to 7:15 p.m., Oct. 21 and from 4 to 4:45 p.m., Oct. 26. To join the meeting on Oct. 21, go to https://form.jotform.com/202374759256160. On Oct. 26 go to, https://form.jotform.com/202375368497164. For more information call 616-784-3341.
• The Evart DDA pumpkin decorating contest judging will take place from 1 to 3 p.m., Oct. 24. Pumpkins can be dropped off at OLAH Salon, 207 N. Main St., from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Four prizes will be awarded - two in each age group, K-5 and 6-12 - one for carved pumpkin and one for painted pumpkin.
• The Evart Planning Commission will meet virtually at 5:30 p.m., Oct. 26. For more information visit evart.org or call (231) 734-2181.
• The City of Evart is hosting a Halloween Coloring Contest open to students in grades K-4 at Evart Elementary School. One winner will be picked from each grade and will receive a $25.00 gift card. The deadline to enter is Monday, Oct. 26. Please return your coloring page to your teacher. Winners will be announced on the City of Evart's social media pages and on the City's website: www.evart.org
• The city of Evart is hosting a resident Halloween decorating contest. Submit your form by Oct. 14. Decorate your house by Oct. 26. Judging will take place Oct. 30. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place winners. For additional details and an entry form visit evart.org.
• The Evart Chamber of Commerce Main Street Monster Mash will take place Halloween Night, Oct. 31. If you are interested in setting up a table, message Eric Schmidt at facebook.com/evartchamber.
• The Reed City Pantry will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesdays, during the months of November and December. Turkey will be available Nov. 17 on a first-come, first-served basis. For questions, call (231) 215-6996.