Osceola County community events
OSCEOLA COUNTY -- The following is a list of community events happening in and around the area. If you have an event you would like posted on the calendar, or if any information is incorrect, contact email@example.com:
• The Evart Township Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m., Aug. 6, at the VFW Pavilion, 4681 85th Ave., Evart. For more information call (231) 679-4470, or join the Evart Township News Facebook group.
• The Evart Chamber of Commerce charity golf outing will be at Spring Valley Golf Course, 18396 US-10, Hersey, Aug. 7. Shotgun start will be at 9 a.m., lunch will be served at the turn, and a steak dinner will end the day. Prizes will be awarded for the first and second place teams, and the event will include other games and raffles. For information visit the Evart Chamber of Commerce Facebook page.
• The Sandbots will perform from 10 a.m. to noon, Aug. 8 at the Evart Farmers' Market. The Evart Farmers' Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., every Saturday until October, at the Evart Depot, 200 S. Main St., Evart. Face coverings and social distancing is requested.
• The Evart City Council will meet at 7:30 p.m., Aug. 10. For information on how to participate in the meeting, visit evart.org or call (231) 734-2181.
• The Evart Downtown Development Authority will meet virtually at 8 a.m., Aug. 11. To participate in the meeting, visit evart.org or call (231) 734-2181.
• The Muskegon River Trash Bash will be ongoing through August. To participate visit evart.org or call (231) 734-2181.
• The Reed City city hall has reopened to the public as of July 29, under the new safety plan. Residents are encouraged to use online bill pay and the drop box. For more information visit reedcity.org or call (231) 832-2245.
• The Reed City Farmers' Market is open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., every Saturday through October, in the parking lot of Pompeii's Pizza at 115 S. Chestnut Street. Face coverings and social distancing is requested.
• The Evart Splashpad is opened from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. Health safety guidelines are being implemented, and capacity is set at 50 visitors. For information call (231) 734-2181.