New partners offer additional services at Michigan Works! West Central in Osceola County

Submitted by Michigan Works! West Central

REED CITY – Osceola County residents who are looking for a job or in need of a GED have some additional resources available to them.

Workbox Staffing and Fremont Public Schools Adult Education now have offices at the Michigan Works! West Central Service Center in Reed City, located at 240 E. Church Ave.

“As a one-stop service center we strive to give job seekers as many services as we possibly can to help them meet their needs,” said Paul Griffith, executive director of Michigan Works! West Central. “We are here to connect employers with the employees they need and both these agencies will help us accomplish that goal.”

Workbox Staffing offers temporary, full and part-time jobs and specializes in hiring for manufacturing, industrial work, warehouse operation, office support, and skilled positions.

“The opening of Workbox Staffing’s new Reed City office allows us to expand our service while offering our exceptional customer service to Osceola County customers,” said Billi Thielke, business development manager with Workbox Staffing. “More importantly it will provide many people with employment opportunities they didn’t realize were out there.”

Many job seekers may not be qualified for some of those positions because they never finished high school and need their GED. Fremont Public Schools Adult Education will help those who meet the criteria prepare for and get their GED or with high school completion. Both of these services are not provided in a classroom setting, but in a one-to-one environment with personal attention.

"We recognize the courage it takes to come back to school,” said Tracy Sanchez, the adult program director with Fremont Public Schools Adult Education. “We encourage those interested in obtaining their GED to make a personal commitment to see it through. At times you will find the going tough, but the end result is well worth it."

For more information on all the services offered, call (231) 832-3131.