March diabetes, pre-diabetes classes
REED CITY - Patient education is an important first step to the lifelong management of diabetes. An introductory class teaches patients how to control diabetes. And if you have already had a diabetes education course, we offer a refresher course to help you keep that momentum going or to get back on track. Spectrum Health Reed City Hospital Diabetes Education Services offers classes that are evidence-based, practical and informative, so that a patient can take an active role in self care. Diabetes can lead to serious health problems. It can do major damage to the heart, eyes, nerve endings, kidneys and feet. Risks for these problems are much lower if blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels are well managed. Diabetes Education Services will show you how to lower your risks and stay healthy.
No one is more important in managing your diabetes than you. Spectrum Health Reed City Hospital Diabetes Education Services helps you to learn how to manage your health. Our program will help you:
● Lower your blood sugar and lose weight if needed;
● Fit your favorite foods into a healthier lifestyle;
● Learn easy ways to count your carbohydrates and;
● Find classes that fit your schedule
Group classes, one-on-one training sessions, monthly support groups and personal visits are available. Topics in group and individual classes include:
● Understanding diabetes or pre-diabetes;
● Blood sugar checks;
● Meal planning, recipes and reading food labels;
● Medications and how to use them and;
● Reducing health risks and healthy lifestyle changes
Pre-registration is required and we are accepting patients for our March 2013 classes. Call 231.832.6636 to learn which class is right for you.