Local police reports
REED CITY — If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency call (231) 832-3255. Email tips to email@example.com
- Officer located two individuals with outstanding warrants. A 33-year-old woman and 33-year-old man were both arrested on four counts each of felony fraudulent use of a financial transaction device stemming from an approximate year-long investigation by the Reed City Police. Both were lodged at the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers received a report regarding the malicious destruction of property damage at a local residence. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers were dispatched to local residence regarding a fight in process. Upon their arrival officers found a 37-year-old woman suffering from medical issues. She stated she had been in an argument but there was no physical contact. The 32-year-old man involved was found to have violated his probation by consuming alcohol. He was taken into custody and transported to the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers were dispatched to assist the Michigan State Police at the local airport regarding a suspicious situation. Two males were found fishing on the private property and escorted off the property. Case closed.
- Officers received a property damage report from a local business. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers stopped a 46-year-old man regarding his peddling without a permit.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment complex regarding a juvenile complaint. The caller stated a juvenile male continues to verbally and physically abuse her grandchildren when they are outside playing. Officers spoke with the juvenile in question and his family about his and his brother’s behavior. A warning was issued stating this type of behavior was unacceptable and would not be tolerated.
- Officers received a civil complaint regarding a dispute over a pill count on prescription medication received from a pharmacy. Officers took a report regarding the civil matter and advised on a proper course of action. Case closed.
- Officers were dispatched regarding an elderly woman who had become lost and confused. She was unable to get herself home to a local apartment complex. Officers transported her home and made contact with her caretaker and informed her of the situation. Case closed.
- Officers received a complaint regarding a possible sex offender registration violation. The matter has been turned over to the Osceola County Prosecutor’s office for review.
- Officers received information that a 33-year-old woman with an outstanding warrant issued in 2011 was being paroled from the Huron Valley Women’s Correctional Facility. She was picked up and transported to the Osceola County Jail without incident.
- Officers responded to a possible suicidal subject. It was discovered the woman had lied about being suicidal in a text message during an argument to get her boyfriend’s attention. The woman was cautioned on her behavior and advised charges may be sought for misuse of public safety if it continued.
- Officers were advised the Montcalm County Sheriff Department was holding a 32-year-old man on a contempt of court warrant out of the 77th District Court. Officers picked him up and placed him under arrest on the outstanding warrant. He was then transported to the Osceola County Jail where he was lodged with out incident.
- Officers received a complaint regarding a possible abandoned vehicle. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers were called to local residence regarding a property damage complaint. Officers located the 22-year-old woman responsible for the lawn damage in question. She apologized and stated she would see that the lawn damage is repaired and new grass seed planted. Both parties involved came to an understanding on damage and restitution. Case closed.
- Officers issued a verbal warning to a local resident regarding a trash abatement situation.
- While performing a traffic stop, officers issued a misdemeanor citation for no vehicle insurance.
- While on patrol after 1 a.m., officers came up on a suspicious situation of a vehicle parked in a local business parking lot long after the business had closed. The man stated he had just stopped to use his phone.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment complex regarding a 911 hang-up call from that location. Dispatch had been able to re-contact the caller, who stated her toddler had dialed the phone. Officers made contact with the resident who said she was okay. Case closed.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment complex regarding a juvenile complaint of footballs striking an apartment door. The officers spoke with the juveniles regarding the matter.
- Officers were dispatched to a local residence regarding a verbal argument between a married couple. The female was able to retrieve her vehicle keys and stayed elsewhere for the evening. Case closed.
- Officers were requested to assist the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department and standby for officer safety as they handled a large family dispute.
- Officers responded to a two vehicle accident. No injuries were reported.
- While performing property inspections, officers served vehicle abatement paperwork to local resident. Case will remain open pending the vehicles removal.
- Officers received a report regarding a reckless driver and a juvenile on a bicycle. The matter is under investigation.
- While on patrol officers observed a suspicious situation in which a man had climbed into the bed of a pickup truck and was using a metal device on the window. Officers identified the 23-year-old man as the owner of the vehicle who had locked his keys inside. Officers made contact with local towing company to assist as requested by the young man.
- While on patrol officers found a business with an open door after closing time. The officer made contact with the key holder, who came in and secured the door. Case closed.
- Officers were dispatched to local apartment complex regarding an individual experiencing mental problems. Officers spoke with the individual and ensured they would be safe and were not in need of medical assistance.
- Officers informed a local resident the vehicle parked on the property needed to be registered and in working order or it was in violation of the city ordinance for parked/stored vehicles. Abatement papers were served and the owner stated it would be resolved.
- Officers performed a property inspection at a local residence regarding a vehicle abatement situation. The case is still open.
- Officers came upon a deer/car accident. No injuries were reported. Officers assisted with arrangements to have the vehicle towed and a report was filed. Case closed.
- Officers attempted to perform a traffic stop on an SUV for possible expired registration. Upon attempting to stop the vehicle, it fled. Due to road conditions officers were unable to safely pursue the vehicle. The matter is under investigation.
- Officers observed the suspicious behavior of a 25-year-old man rummaging through a vehicle parked in a local parking lot. The individual told the officers it was his vehicle and he was too intoxicated to drive. Officers assisted the individual with getting home safely.
- Officers issued vehicle abatement paperwork to a local resident, regarding an unregistered vehicle parked in the driveway with a flat tire.
- Officers performed property inspections and issued vehicle abatement paperwork to local residents who were in violation of the city ordinance regarding the parking or storage of a motor vehicle.
- Officer issued an appearance citation for expired registration and no insurance on a motor vehicle being driven by the 36-year-old female owner.