LOCAL POLICE REPORTS — Nov. 15
Evart Police Department
Nov. 6 to Nov. 12
• Officers were dispatched to a harassment complaint. Contact was made with both parties and they agreed to leave each other alone.
• Officers were called to assist the Michigan State Police with transporting a subject to the Osceola County Jail.
• Officers responded to a complaint of a domestic dispute. One subject was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail, where they were lodged on charges.
• Officers were called to assist the Michigan State Police with a K-9 vehicle search.
• Officers made contact with a subject who was drunk in public. The subject was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail, where they were lodged on charges.
Reed City Police Department
Nov. 5 to Nov. 11
If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency call 832-3255. Email tips to email@example.com.
Please be aware the winter parking ordinances have begun and will run until April 1. Officers will be enforcing the Parking Violations Bureau policy in which no vehicle shall be parked on a city street between 2:30 and 6 a.m. Any and all vehicles in violation will be cited a parking ticket and/or be towed.
• Officers received a complaint regarding harassment and threats through text messages. The matter is under investigation.
• Officers were dispatched to perform an area check at a local residence. The caller was concerned there might be a dryer fire as there appeared to be smoke coming out the vent of a neighbor's home. Officer found that the smoke was coming from a fire place, not a dryer fire.
• Officers received a complaint regarding an electronic funds fraud case. The matter is under investigation.
• Officers received a complaint regarding embezzlement at a local business. The situation was under investigation and an arrest warrant for felony/larceny from a building was issued. A few days later the employee was located, arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail where he was lodged without incident.
• Officers arrested a 24-year-old man on charges of driving without a valid license. The officer also found the driver’s license had seven current suspensions out of another state. He was transported to the Osceola County Jail, where he was lodged without incident.
• Officers issued an appearance citation to a 17-year-old male for minor in possession of tobacco. He was also given a written warning for careless operation of a vehicle and no proof of insurance.
• Officers were dispatched to local residence regarding the larceny of a bicycle. The matter is under investigation. While there, officers found the 35-year-old female complainant was wanted on civil warrant for child neglect. She was placed under arrest and transported to the Osceola County Jail, where she was then picked up by Mecosta County Sheriff's Office deputies.
• Officers were requested to assist the Mecosta County Sheriff's Office at a local apartment complex, while deputies interviewed two subjects involved in a complaint from their jurisdiction.
• Officers received a report of juvenile boys knocking on a front window, ringing the doorbell and running off. Officers patrolled the area, but the boys did not return.
• Officers arrested a 44-year-old woman on a bench warrant for contempt of court out of Reed City, along with two failure to appear bench warrants from two other jurisdictions. She was transported to the Osceola County Jail, where she was lodged without incident.