LOCAL POLICE REPORTS — Jan. 10
Evart Police Department
Jan. 1 to Jan. 7
• Officers were called to a possible domestic dispute in progress. It was determined that no dispute had occurred.
• Officers responded to a two-vehicle accident. No injuries were reported.
• Officers observed a down street sign. The accident was unreported and there were no witnesses to the accident. No evidence was found at the scene.
• Officers were called to an assault not in progress. Neither party involved wished to press charges.
• Officers were dispatched to conduct a well-being check. Contact was made with the subject and another family member. The family member informed officers the subject was being taken to Spectrum Health Reed City Hospital for an evaluation.
• Officers were called to conduct a well-being check on a minor child. While investigating, officers located drug paraphernalia. Officers seized the found items and the child was determined to be at a different location.
• Officers were called to assist the Michigan State Police with a property damage accident.
• Officers were dispatched to a malicious destruction of property complaint. The case remains open at this time.
• Officers conducted two arrests on outstanding warrants. The subjects were transported to the Osceola County Jail, where they were lodged on their warrants.
• Officers were requested to stand-by during a custody exchange.
Reed City Police Department
Dec. 31, 2017 – Jan. 6, 2018
If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency call 832-3255. Email tips to email@example.com.
• Officers were dispatched to assist EMS and fire/rescue on a medical call for an elderly woman unresponsive on the floor. The responding officers were the first to arrive and continued to assist until released from the scene.
• A 45-year-old woman requested officers respond to her residence as she wanted to make a civil complaint regarding her estranged husband, who accused her of stealing and reported it to the police. The officer explained the department had not taken any such report on her and that she did not need to be concerned at this time.
• Officers arrested a 52-year-old man on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol. He was transported to the Osceola County Jail, where he was lodged without incident.
• Officers were requested to respond to a local gas station regarding a possible injury to an employee. The employee had been shoveling the snow in the parking lot and when he stepped backward, his back was struck slightly by a snowmobile trailer. The 23-year-old employee insisted he was just a little sore and refused medical attention. The video coverage of the parking lot was reviewed and it is believed that the driver was unaware of the incident and continued on his way.
• While on foot patrol, officers found an unsecured door at a local business. The building was searched. Finding nothing out of the norm, the key holder was contacted and the door secured.
• Officers responded to the local motel regarding a larceny complaint. The matter is under investigation.
• Officers were dispatched to a business parking lot regarding a personal property damage accident. Two vehicles were backing out at the same time and struck each others' rear bumpers. No injuries were reported.
• Officers responded to a personal property damage accident. The driver, a 63-year-old man, attempted to make a right turn from the left turn lane, causing a second vehicle to take evasive action and leave the roadway, striking a parked car and fence. A citation for careless driving was issued to the driver who caused the accident.
• Officers arrested a 41-year-old man who had a warrant out of Osceola County Friend of the Court for child neglect. He was transported to the Osceola County Jail, where he was lodged without incident.
• Officers were dispatched to respond to a 911 open line call in which no one was speaking into the phone. Central Dispatch could, however, hear two men in the background who sounded to be intoxicated and mentioned having a fist fight. No one would answer the door when officers arrived. The male who answered the phone when dispatch called back refused to answer the door.
• A 32-year-old man was arrested on charges of driving with a suspended license - third offense. He also was issued a citation for an expired registration plate and no proof of insurance. He was transported to the Osceola County Jail, where he was lodged without incident.
• A 27-year-old woman was taken into custody on a criminal bench warrant for contempt of court from charges of truancy regarding her children. She was transported to the Osceola County Jail, where she was lodged without incident.