LOCAL POLICE REPORTS — Feb. 21
Evart Police Department
Feb. 12 to Feb. 18
• Officers took a complaint of harassing text messages. Officer advised the complainant of steps to take to block the messages.
• Officers responded to a report of an assault not in progress. Officers received statements from all subjects involved and forwarded the statements to the prosecutor for review.
• Officers responded to the Evart High School on a report of a students consuming alcohol and tobacco products on a school bus.
• Officers were dispatched to the Evart High School on a report of disorderly students. One subject was detained and transported to a secure juvenile facility.
• Officers responded to a noise complaint and neighbor dispute. The complainant claimed the neighbor had put a tarantula in their residence but would not allow officers inside to check.
• Officers were dispatched on a report of a disorderly subject. Upon arrival, officers made contact with two subjects having a dispute over custody. The subjects were advised to have their dispute handled through the courts. They agreed and went their separate ways.
• Officers were called to dispatch an injured deer.
• Officers were contacted by a subject who was out of jail on bond. The subject advised officers they had violated a trespass order. The subject was arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail, where they were lodged on their violation.
• Officers were dispatched to a report of a possible suicidal subject. The subject was transported to Reed City Spectrum Health Hospital for medical services.
• Officers were dispatched to the Osceola County Fairgrounds on a complaint of a possible fight. It was determined no fight had occurred.
Reed City Police Department
Feb. 4 to Feb. 17
If you see any suspicious activity, call 911. For a non-emergency call 832-3255. Email tips to email@example.com.
• Officers were dispatched to a residence regarding an out of control juvenile. After speaking with the juvenile, he agreed he would have a mental health evaluation done at the Reed City Spectrum Health Hospital. A referral was submitted to Child Protective Services regarding the alleged treatment of the juvenile by other members in the home.
• Officers arrested a 29-year-old woman for driving with no operator’s license and an expired registration. She was transported to the Osceola County Jail, where she was lodged without incident.
• Officers were dispatched to a residence regarding a 38-year-old man who had two warrants out of two different jurisdictions. His wife reported they were in the process of a divorce and she had custody of the children and the home. She came home and found him there, intoxicated and refusing to leave. When officers arrived, the man was found in bed sleeping. The individual admitted to have been drinking since the night before. He was placed under arrest and transported to the Osceola County Jail without incident.
• Officers received a report of disorderly conduct. The report was determined to be a civil matter.
• Officers were called to local apartment complex in regards to disorderly behavior. The individual left prior to officers arriving and when located a short distance away, the woman and her children were assisted in getting to another residence.
• Officers were dispatched to local residence regarding a possible breaking and entering. The caller reported a male juvenile had entered her mudroom and attempted to steal a bag of returnable bottles. The matter will be turned over to probate court.
• Officers were dispatched to a local bar and grill regarding a verbal dispute that took place earlier. The manager reported the two men involved were asked to leave and both did so in opposite directions. One remained outside for a while, yelling that he wanted to fight the other man and the manager. The 34-year-old man left and began making phone calls in which he continued to make threats. A no trespass order was filed against the man not to enter or contact the establishment. The matter has been referred to the Osceola County Prosecutor's Office.
• Officers were dispatched to a suspicious situation regarding a vacant house that had lights on. The caller was concerned because she knew no one was living there and saw the lights on in the basement and the back of the house. Officers found the house appeared to be in the process of being remodeled. The officer spoke with another neighbor, who reported seeing a handy man at the house earlier in the day, who left the lights on.
• Officers arrested a 44-year-old man who had a misdemeanor warrant for assault at his residence. The man was compliant and transported to the Osceola County Jail, where he was lodged without incident.
• Officers were dispatched to a domestic in progress late in the evening. Officers arrived and found the 28-year-old woman who placed the 911 call was outside. She reported her boyfriend was inside, was upset and had broken her phone. An officer spoke with the 30-year-old man who admitted to having an argument and breaking his girlfriend's phone. He was placed under arrest on charges of domestic assault and interfering with a 911 call.
• Officers were dispatched to take a report regarding a vehicle with a broken back window. The owner reported it happened while it was parked. The matter is under investigation.
• The school liaison officer submitted the appropriate paperwork to the prosecuting attorney’s office regarding the truancy of a student.
• Officers submitted a warrant request for a disorderly person regarding the behavior of a 34-year-old man.
• Officers interviewed a juvenile female in reference to property damage and issued a no trespass paperwork.
•Officers were requested to respond to a two-vehicle personal property damage accident. Minor damage with no injuries was reported.
• Officers were requested to assist the Osceola County Sheriff's Office with a domestic in progress call. While there, officers found an 18-year-old woman who had a warrant for contempt of court. She was placed under arrest and transported to the Osceola County Jail, where she was lodged without incident.
• Officers received a report of harassment and stalking of a 59-year-old woman by her ex-husband. It is believed the ex-husband feels they are still married. The male was given a warning.
•Officers were notified by a parole agent of a 24-year-old man who was in violation of his parole. He was placed under arrest and transported to the Osceola County Jail without incident.
• Officers received a report of a woman who continues to call a local business and harasses employees. The woman was spoken to and warned not to call again. No further problems have been reported.
• While out on patrol, officers identified a man who held a criminal bench warrant for failure to appear out of another jurisdiction. The 26-year-old man was placed under arrest and transported to a meet up with the agency holding the warrant. He was turned over to their custody.
• Officers were requested to respond as a back-up unit to assist the Osceola County Sheriff's Office on a traffic stop involving a vehicle search and a felony warrant arrest. The officer assisted at the scene as the deputies searched the vehicle and completed their investigation.
• Offices arrested a 23-year-old man on charges of operating under the influence of alcohol. Due to the level of intoxication, the man was transported to the hospital to be medically cleared before being transported to the Osceola County Jail, where he was lodged without incident.