Florida duo charged in bank hold-up

REED CITY — A man and woman from Florida have been charged in connection with the armed robbery last week at an Evart Bank.

David Raymond Dingee, 52, and Melissa Renee Nudd, 29, both of Pompano Beach, Fla., face multiple felony charges related to allegedly robbing the First Merit Bank on Thursday, May 26.

Dingee and Nudd were arraigned in Osceola County’s 77th District Court and each charged with one count of armed robbery, one count of bank robbery, one count of larceny of $1,000 or more but less than $20,000, one count of assault with a dangerous weapon, one count of larceny in a building, one count of felony firearm and one count of fourth-degree fleeing a police officer.

Dingee also faces additional charges of one count of possession of a firearm by a felon and one count of possession of ammunition by a felon. Dingee is charged as a habitual offender because of prior felony convictions in Florida. According to court documents, Dingee was convicted in 1995 of robbery with a deadly weapon and later that year convicted of burglary of a dwelling. In 1999, he was convicted of second-degree murder. 

The duo faces a maximum penalty of up to life in prison. Bond was denied for both Dingee and Nudd. They each are scheduled for preliminary examinations at 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 16, in Osceola County’s 77th District Court.

The Evart Police Department was dispatched at 12:50 p.m. on May 26 to a report of an armed robbery at the First Merit Bank in Evart. Units from the Osceola County Sheriff’s Office and the Michigan State Police also responded.

After further investigation, a suspect vehicle was located and stopped after a short pursuit. Dingee and Nudd were arrested and transported to the Osceola County Jail.

During the investigation, police were told a man had robbed the bank using what appeared to be a handgun. The suspect then left on foot.

The suspect vehicle was located when responding officers witnessed a truck driving in a reckless manner north of Evart on 80th Avenue. Officers attempted to make a traffic stop, but the vehicle failed to pull over. Police pursued the vehicle for approximately five miles until the vehicle stopped on its own on 70th Avenue near 17 Mile Road.