Ferris announces fall 2017 graduates
Submitted to the Herald Review
OSCEOLA COUNTY — More than 1,150 students completed the requirements for certificates, associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees at Ferris State University and Kendall College of Art and Design during the semester that ended in December 2017.
Degrees awarded by the university included Doctor of Education (EDD), Doctor of Optometry (OD), Doctor of Pharmacy (PD), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction (MED), Master of Fine Arts (MFA), Master of Science in Information Systems Management (MISM), Master of Science in Nursing (MSN), Master of Science in Career and Technical Education (MTE), Master of Science Info Security and Intelligence (MISI), Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS), Bachelor of Arts (BA), Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA), Bachelor of Integrative Studies (BIS), Bachelor of Science (BS), Bachelor of Science in Business (BB), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS) and Certificate (CERT).
Students graduating with honors were recognized for high academic achievement on the basis of GPAs computed on a 4.0 scale. Undergraduate degree designations use Latin levels of recognition: Summa Cum Laude, 3.9 to 4.0; Magna Cum Laude, 3.75 to 3.89; and Cum Laude, 3.5 to 3.74.
Academic honors designations for students graduating with a master’s degree in the colleges of Health Professions, Business, and Education and Human Services use the following distinction key: Highest Distinction, 3.9 to 4.0; and Distinction, 3.75 to 3.89. Students receiving their doctorate degree from the Michigan College of Optometry and the College of Pharmacy use the English system: Highest Distinction, 3.75 to 4.0; High Distinction, 3.5 to 3.74; and Distinction, 3.25 to 3.49. Kendall students’ levels of recognition are Academic Honors, 3.5 to 4.0, and Studio Excellence Award.
Honored students include:
• McKinstry, Jacob — Operations Supply Management BS
• Deon, Mitchel — Building Construction Tech AAS
• Booth, Andrew — Plastics Polymer Eng Tech AAS
• Mitchell, Eric — Mechanical Engineering Tech AAS; Mechanical Engineering Tech BS
• Rehkopf, Tiffany — Curriculum and Instruction — Special Needs Ed MED
• Flemming, Elizabeth — Health Information Management BS, Cum Laude
• Heuker, Amanda — Nursing - BSN BSN, Cum Laude; Gerontology CERT
• Dickerson, Jeffery — Plastics Polymer Eng Tech AAS, Cum Laude
• Price, Christopher — Social Work BSW, Cum Laude
• Snow, Amber — Adv Studies Busn Intelligence CERT
• Stange, Jacob — Automotive Management BS
• Leonard, Joshua — Manufacturing Technology AAS
• Morgan, Courtney — Health Care Systems Admin BS