Evart to present annual summer concert series
By Nick Vander Wulp Herald Review Staff Writer
EVART – Summertime is concert time in Evart, and the Downtown Development Authority is hosting a series of free performances throughout the season.
The 23rd annual Evart Summer Concert Series presents music events scheduled all summer, from June 9 to Aug. 27, at different locations, such as the Evart Depot, Riverside Park and Main Street. The performers’ musical genres range from classic rock and oldies to folk, country and pop.
Without the support of giving residents, local businesses and grants from the Osceola County Community Foundation, these concerts wouldn’t be possible, said Evart DDA Director Al Weinberg.
“Our first performer in June is John Rush, and this is his first time in Evart,” said Weinberg. “He’s memorized over 75 hours of music, so that’s why he’s called the Human iPod. Even if you’ve seen him before, no two concerts are the same.”
At the concerts, visitors can fill out comment cards and submit them to win different prizes, such as gift certificates and Evart Bucks, Weinberg said.
Also perfoming in June are the Luke Cyrus Band playing Christian music, and the Kari Lynch Band playing country-pop.
“Kari Lynch is a local woman from Clare who moved to Nashville to pursue her music career,” said Weinberg. “She’s fun, vivacious and has her own style as well as playing cover songs.”
More information about the concert series can be found on the Downtown Evart Facebook page and on evart.org. In case of rain, performances will be held inside Crossroads Community Church across from the depot.
The musical line-up:
- June 9 – John Rush, the Human iPod – 7 to 9 p.m. at the Evart Depot.
- June 16 – Luke Cyrus Band – 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Riverside Park.
- June 24 – Kari Lynch Band – 5 to 8 p.m. on Main Street.
- July 2 – The Rock Show ‘80s Music and Journey Tribute with Thomas Klimaszewski – 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Evart Depot.
- July 8 – Karin Elizabeth and the Remedy Band – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Evart Depot.
- July 22 – David Gerald – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Evart Depot.
- July 30 – 15th Annual Folk Fest – 7 to 9 p.m. at the Evart Depot.
- July 31 – Anne Hills, Matt Watroba and Guests – 1 to 8 p.m. at the Evart Depot.
- Aug. 6 – Rich Eddy’s Rockin’ Oldies and James Davis – 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Evart Depot.
- Aug. 27 – Magic Bus ‘70s Music – 6 to 8:30 p.m. at the Evart Depot.