EVART — The Evart man who was involved in a four-hour standoff with police on Dec. 30 was arraigned in Osceola County’s 77th District Court on Monday.

Calob Kozlowski, 23, is charged with second-degree home invasion, a 15-year felony; breaking and entering, a 10-year felony; larceny, a four-year felony; and resisting a police officer, a two-year felony.

According to Evart Police Chief Kendra Backing, the standoff ended peacefully when Kozlowski surrendered to police that evening.

Evart police were first called to the scene around 11 a.m. after the man’s wife requested for police to help her remove property from the home where she and the Kozlowski resided.

The situation escalated at approximately 3 p.m. during a visit from his pastor. It was then Kozlowski retrieved a gun and began making suicidal threats.

A 9-1-1 dispatcher could hear the pastor ask Kozlowski to put the gun down before the call was dropped, Backing said.

The dispatcher then contacted the Osceola County Sheriff’s Department, Michigan State Police and the Evart Police Department.

Backing described the incident as an “active barricaded gunman situation,” and not a hostage situation.

“The pastor went there on his own free will to help the man,” Backing previously told the Pioneer. “He could have left any time.”

During the incident police set a perimeter along a number of blocks near the Evart home. Several streets on the south end of Evart were closed and some residents were evacuated until the incident was resolved.

Kozlowski remains in jail on a $100,000 bond and is scheduled to appear for his preliminary hearing at 1:30 p.m. on Jan. 16, in Osceola County’s 77th District Court.