COA announces August menu
OSCEOLA COUNTY – The Osceola County Commission on aging serves lunch to seniors at three locations in the county. Two percent milk is served with every meal. Suggested donation is $2 per meal.
For reservations or cancellations, seniors are asked to call the Commission on Aging at (231) 734-5559 one day ahead of time. Home delivery meal clients who won’t be home on certain days should call a day ahead to cancel their delivery.
The following items will be served during the month of August:
- Aug. 9- Barbecue pulled pork, baked beans, squash, bun and a banana
- Aug. 10- Cheeseburger, side salad, potato wedges, bun and apple crisp
- Aug. 13- Goulash, winter blend, spinach, garlic bread and cherry crisp
- Aug. 14- Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls and apple sauce
- Aug. 16- Roast pork, baked potatoes, carrots, dinner rolls and tropical fruit
- Aug. 17- Barbecue chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, beets, rolls and pears
- Aug. 20- French toast, sausage links, hash browns, bananas and orange juice
- Aug. 21- Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, roll and apple sauce
- Aug. 23- Spaghetti with meat sauce, Italian blend, green beans, garlic bread and fresh fruit
- Aug. 24- Stuffed chicken breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccolli and peaches
- Aug. 27- Spanish rice, side salad with tomato, carrots, roll and tropical fruit
- Aug. 28- Hamburger, casserole, cauliflower, roll and peach cobbler
- Aug. 30- Lasagna, broccolli, side salad, roll and apple sauce
- Aug. 31- Barbecue ribbette, scalloped potatoes, mixed vegetables, bun and pears
Congregate Meal Sites are located at:
- 101 Recreation Ave. in Evart. Lunch is served Monday,Tuesday and Thursday at noon.
- 802 Mill Street in Reed City. Lunch is served Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 11:30 a.m.
- 213 Neilson Rd. in Tustin. Lunch is served Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at noon.