Business of Year search starts for RC Chamber
REED CITY — The Reed City Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for the 2011 Business of the Year Award. Businesses may nominate themselves or be nominated by others. The deadline for submitting nominations is Monday, April 4.
“The winner will be recognized at the 48th Annual Michigan Week Dinner,” reported Chamber director Suzie Williams. The dinner witht the theme “Celbrating our Community” will be held on Wednesday May 11, at the Reed City High School cafeteria.
Williams noted that to be considered for the Business of the Year area nominees must meet the following criteria:
• Be a member in good standing of the Reed City Chamber;
• Be a for-profit company;
• Be an established business; and
• Show evidence of contributions to community-oriented projects.
Businesses nominated will be recognized for achievments in any and all of these areas:
• Their entrepreneurial spirit;
• Innovation; and
• Giving of their time and talents to create a better Reed City.
“Have they contributed to the community with dedicated service or endeavors that enhance the quality of life in Reed City?” said Williams.
Nominations with business name, address, phone, email, contact person with a brief summary of their contributions, achievments and important information should be on file by Monday, April 4.
Those nominations should be sent to:
Reed City Area Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 27
Reed City, MI 49677
Applications available online: www.reedcity.org
You may drop off nominations at the Chamber Office, 200 N. Chestnut Street,Reed City
“At the same time, we are also taking nominations for the 2011 Citizen of the Year Award,” said Williams.
“Deadline for nominations is Monday, May 2.”
Reed City’s “Citizen of the Year” criteria includes:
• The person nominated must have had a positive impact on Reed City;
• The nominee must live, work or volunteer in the Reed City area;
• Nomination needs to be in writing with signature of nominator; and
• Nominator must write an explanation of why this person should be nominated.
Please return nomination form and supporting documentation to the Reed City Area Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 27, Reed City, MI 49677: or you may drop off at the Chamber Office.
Applications available online: www.reedcity.org.